Default Converting from Mercruiser to Crusader Exhaust?

Greetings,

I'm in the process of replacing the risers on my fresh water cooled
Mercruiser 350's, and remember once again how much I despise the
design of this system.

I've always admired the Crusader system design, because they offer
true fresh water cooling, as both the manifolds and risers can be part
of the fresh water cooling system. Crusader then uses a water
injection elbow after the riser to introduce the raw water to cool the
exhaust, which is easy to service. I also like the Crusader system
because the water injection elbow is away from the engine and
manifold, so if it does seep at some point, it doesn't seep salt water
all over the manifold.

Is there any reason why I could not convert to a Crusader exhaust
system on my Chevy 350's?

Thanks!

Do I need to replace exhaust bellows on Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen II? [email protected] General 1 May 18th 06 10:37 PM
Mercruiser 165 problem- cut out, then died- help chris General 6 May 12th 06 04:08 PM
Mercruiser Alpha 1 Rcpdrums General 2 May 9th 06 11:12 AM
Plugging exhaust to avoid hydrostatic lock Richard J Kinch General 6 April 5th 06 04:47 PM
Mercruiser TR TRS Joe Boater General 1 February 10th 06 03:05 PM