Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
wingspan

Default 12/24v System?

I recently bought an old Yellow Jacket boat with a 1976 35 hp Johnson
outboard. I started cleaning it up and discovered it has what I believe
to be a 24v battery as the primary. Is this common? Does the old
Johnson coil put out 24 volts to charge it? If I want to change to a
12v system will I need to do anything to the starter and/or voltage
regulator on the motor? The trolling motor is a 12/24v with a selector
switch, so that should not be a problem. I'm just havng trouble
locating a 24v charger to see if I can put some life back in the old
battery.

Thanks