Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
gilly

Default Fuel useage

Hi guys

New member to rec.boats

I'm looking to buy either a bayliner 2052 or 212.I'm guessing the boat
is of little importance as its the engine sizes that give me cause for
concern.
Can anyone give me an indication of fuel useage, i.e how many gallons
per hour cruising and flat out with either a 3 or 4.3 or 5ltr engine.
I've been told that a 5ltr would be heavy on fuel with the extra weight
and 2 cylinders,and a 4.3 could be almost as economical as a 3ltr,so
i'm wondering if the 4.3 would just be cruising at 35mph compared to a
3ltr working flat out and burning as much fuel.

The boat would only be used for leisure,cruising along the coast,a bit
of ringo and general messing about,so probably not travelling around at
full throttle everywhere.

Any facts/ figures or experiences on this matter would be really
appreciated.Thanks for your time guys.

Simon