Bryan

Default Memorial Day on The Water

Had a great day on Lake Sonoma with my wife and kids.
Blue skies, light winds, low to mid 70's air temp, water temp on the warm
side of chilly (refreshing?), reasonable boat traffic.
Kids saw a coyote in the morning.

A first for us novice boaters: launch ramp was very busy when we left, so my
son dropped me at the dock for the first time, then backed out and waited
while I got the truck. Then my wife successfully brought the boat in to the
dock in front of some knuckle head that decided it was a parking spot
(there's just enough room for the trailer, the boat that's being put on the
trailer, and a boat that should be coming or going; a tight squeeze). Of
course that was after waiting for a couple of PWC'ers to move out of the
way; they decided to pull in and refuel on the launching side of the dock as
I was backing the trailer down (nice guys, but ...). Oh well, easy to
forgive since one of their girlfriends was wearing red, white, and blue
bikini bottoms.

Next trick for me and my family to learn, driving onto the trailer.

Great Memorial Day weekend. Watched a PBS Viet Nam war documentary with my
son; helped to clarify the difference between war movies and war video games
and real life war. Although he did laugh when the Viet Cong officer swore
in Vietnamese and they bleeped it out.

My gratitude to those soldiers who serve(d) our country.