jiminfl

Default earthlink groups

Anyone using earthlink newsgroups?
Jim

Calif Bill

"jiminfl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone using earthlink newsgroups?
Jim

Yes. they are having problems with a 400 error. Someone on another group
says tech support is working on it.

jiminfl

My experience has been the same as yours. I've been down for 4 days
now. It's time for me to be shopping for a new broadband supplier. Good
luck with yours.
Jim

jiminfl

Thanks Bill

JoeSpareBedroom

"Mys Terry" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 May 2006 03:22:06 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"jiminfl" wrote in message
roups.com...
Anyone using earthlink newsgroups?
Jim

Yes. they are having problems with a 400 error. Someone on another group
says tech support is working on it.

Their news servers have been up and down for several weeks. One minute
they are
fine and the next, you can't get any messages and it times out. I had one
outage
that lasted for over a day. They denied anything was wrong and kept
suggesting
that it was a problem on my computer. I carefully explained that I was
getting
the same problems on two different computers that were physically 35 miles
apart, and I had tried about 8 dial up numbers on each, and switching back
and
forth between the east and west servers. The next day, without me changing
anythiong, both computers were fine. I'm having timeouts again this
morning.

They must learn that crap in tech non-support school. I've heard the same
"it's your fault - your computer" nonsense from Frontier and Roadrunner
droids. And, the problem always seems to get fixed with nothing being done
on my end.

JoeSpareBedroom

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Mys Terry" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 May 2006 03:22:06 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"jiminfl" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Do you really expect to connect to technically competent folks at the
first levels of support when you make a call? I'm always amazed if we have
a language in common.

I know high school juniors who could do a better job. They'd get paid a rate
they'd be delighted with, and get to sit in front of a computer all day. "Yo
dude...I'm trying' to remember what my dad did when that happened to his
computer. Chill a minute...I'll call him". It would actually work.

JohnH

On Sat, 27 May 2006 13:20:22 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Mys Terry" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 27 May 2006 03:22:06 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"jiminfl" wrote in message
groups.com...
[...]

Cox has the same problems with the binary groups. Usenet, to them, means
very little, and if it's down they won't make any billing adjustments
because they don't consider it part of the 'internet service'.

That's why I went with Easynews.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Butch Davis

Finally Earthlink usenet is up, again. Good grief, how could it take
professionals soooo long to fix the problem?

Butch
"JohnH" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 May 2006 13:20:22 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Mys Terry" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 27 May 2006 03:22:06 GMT, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

egroups.com...

Butch Davis wrote:
Finally Earthlink usenet is up, again. Good grief, how could it take
professionals soooo long to fix the problem?

Butch

Butch, Is Earthlink newsgroups still working for you? I'm getting
headers some of the time, but the message bodies won't download.
Jim

RCE

"jiminfl" wrote in message
ups.com...

Butch Davis wrote:
Finally Earthlink usenet is up, again. Good grief, how could it take
professionals soooo long to fix the problem?

Butch

Butch, Is Earthlink newsgroups still working for you? I'm getting
headers some of the time, but the message bodies won't download.
Jim

Hey Jim,

Is your email working?

RCE