JohnH

Default Got kids? Bill Gates has some words...

Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this! To
anyone with kids of any age, here's some advice. This was sent to me by a
teacher friend:

Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did
not and will not learn in school.

He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a
generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them
up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect
you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You
won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had
a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about
your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are
now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and
listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you
save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try
delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life
HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll
give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't
bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and
very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on
your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to
leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

If you agree, pass it on.
If you can read this - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English -Thank a soldier

--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

Sorry John, this is not attributed to Bill Gates.

Next time do some research before you post.

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/liferule.htm

I thought you were a teacher.

JohnH

On Thu, 25 May 2006 21:10:32 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this! To
anyone with kids of any age, here's some advice. This was sent to me by a
teacher friend:

Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did
not and will not learn in school.

He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a
generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them
up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect
you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You
won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

This doesn't sound anything like Bill Gates. Are you sure about this?

Harry, I am sure it was sent to me by a friend, as I stated. It's
humor...you know what I mean? For all I know, it could be something my
mother said to one of my brothers.

Jeeesh!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JohnH

On 25 May 2006 19:01:55 -0700, "
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
[...]

You know, I'd meant to delete those last three lines, but forgot. I guess
they could be construed as 'political', and therefore inappropriate. But
they're not nearly as inappropriate as Jim's attacks on Rich, which seem to
be condoned.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

basskisser

JimH wrote:
Sorry John, this is not attributed to Bill Gates.

Next time do some research before you post.

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/liferule.htm

I thought you were a teacher.

And you have the audacity to claim that John is obsessed with
you.....it's the other way around, but the trouble is, you never ever
see your own shortcomings.

basskisser

JohnH wrote:
On 25 May 2006 19:01:55 -0700, "
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
[...]

Not by me. I think it once and for all proved Jim a childish, bitter,
petty person. Sad.....

basskisser

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sorry John, this is not attributed to Bill Gates.

Next time do some research before you post.

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/liferule.htm

I thought you were a teacher.

That's why he was unfamiliar with these rules. You know what they say:
"Those who can't, teach."

Yeah, it still is an ignorant remark, too.