JimH

Default Only 20!

wrote in message
oups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:

Chuck! Are you setting a good example with this psyco babble? It appears
as
if you are trolling for trolls. " Do as I say, not as I do" appears to
fit
here.

I plan to needle most everybody who tries to take this group back to
the mess it used to be.

If you look at some recent political threads they went along fine and were
quite civil until the NG's designated *sheriff* rode into town on his
painted pony and started making demands. The "More Meat for Whiners"
thread is a perfect example.

Just my $.02. ;-)

JIMinFL wrote:

Might as well put religion, Bayliner, and Jane Fonda on your hit list, and
anything else that might disturb you.
Good luck Chuck.

Bayliner is a boating topic.

JimH

wrote in message
ups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:

Might as well put religion, Bayliner, and Jane Fonda on your hit list,
and
anything else that might disturb you.
Good luck Chuck.

Bayliner is a boating topic.

You miss the point Chuck.............and I think you do so intentionally.
;-)

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:

Chuck! Are you setting a good example with this psyco babble? It appears
as
if you are trolling for trolls. " Do as I say, not as I do" appears to
fit
here.

I plan to needle most everybody who tries to take this group back to
the mess it used to be.

If you look at some recent political threads they went along fine and were
quite civil until the NG's designated *sheriff* rode into town on his
painted pony and started making demands. The "More Meat for Whiners"
thread is a perfect example.

Just my $.02. ;-)

They all go along fine, until (something) happens. Doesn't matter what.
All kinds of things serve as an excuse for all hell to break loose. See
your 2 cents, raise you a nickel.

Half my kingdom to the guy or gal with a valid and convincing answer to
this question:

WHY do we need to drag politics, religion, etc etc etc through a
boating discussion group?

Notice the interrogatory: WHY?

(now, in the interest of full disclosure regarding my highly generous
offer- do note that is is for "half my kingdom" and there's a darn good
chance I'm not actually a king.) :-)

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:

Might as well put religion, Bayliner, and Jane Fonda on your hit list,
and
anything else that might disturb you.
Good luck Chuck.

Bayliner is a boating topic.

You miss the point Chuck.............and I think you do so intentionally.
;-)

Not at all. If people want to argue about Bayliners, at least that's on
topic. It's perfectly OK to disagree about things- but we know that we
can't disagree about politics and remain civil in this group so why get
hung up on a subject that doesn't have any business here in the first
place? If we get into naming and flaming about a boating topic that
would be unfortunate, but this is the forum in which to do that. If we
want to discuss whether or not GWB is a wise and wonderful president or
whether Hillary should run for office in '08, this is *not* the place
for that.

JimH

wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:

[...]

Replay most threads relating to Bayliner, SeaRay or other mass market boat
manufacturer and you will find your share of flaming and name calling. Yet
these were boating related threads. ;-)

Replay most of the recent political threads and you will find they did not
turn negative until a certain sheriff rode into town.

You live boating 24x7. That is not the makeup of this group. Back off and
relax Chuck. Just because the word "boat" is in the NG category does not
mean the word has to be included in each and every post here.

Go look at rec.boats.cruising and you will find a general range of topics
being discussed, normally at an adult level, and without some sheriff riding
in on his painted pony demanding the topic to be closed. ;-)

The bottom line is that the net copping is causing more problems here than
the political posts. And there is one person leading the posse riding a
painted pony causing most of them. ;-)

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:

[...]

Aren't we all ultimately responsible for our own behavior, regardless
of what somebody else might or might not do?

Who should we allow to dictate our behavior? To whom should we
surrender our right of
(and responsibility for) self control?

"He or she made me do it" didn't work 50 years ago when I was a kid. I
bet it isn't any more valid today.

You live boating 24x7. That is not the makeup of this group. Back off and
relax Chuck. Just because the word "boat" is in the NG category does not
mean the word has to be included in each and every post here.

Go look at rec.boats.cruising and you will find a general range of topics
being discussed, normally at an adult level, and without some sheriff riding
in on his painted pony demanding the topic to be closed. ;-)

Maybe rec.boats cruising is one of those groups where politics can be
civilly discussed.
In that case, great! There's no reason to discuss politics here if
there's a group that welcomes political discussion so very close by.

We disagree. You say, "This should be a free for all where we can
discuss any topic we choose to, and if things get ugly it will be
somebody else's fault." I say, "The group should discuss boating
related topics, and then things will be less likely to get ugly in the
first place." What do either of us have on our side except our own
opinions?

Your side: a group of guys who want to have a general chat room, love
to argue politics, and may or may not be interested all that much in
boating.

My side: a group of guys who wold prefer not to wade through tons ot OT
posts everyday and deal with the fallout from the ill feelings spawned
by the political brush wars screwing up the on-topic threads.

I guess the only thing on my side that isn't offset by something on
your side is the fact that
most people would think it rather reasonable to assume that a group
called rec.boats would be about boating.

If you're not about boating 24/7, then it woujld be better to spend a
proportionate amount of time in NG's actually established to cater to
your other interests, wouldn't it?

The bottom line is that the net copping is causing more problems here than
the political posts. And there is one person leading the posse riding a
painted pony causing most of them. ;-)

JimH

wrote in message
ups.com...

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:

[...]

Yep. Yet I find you constantly blaming the authors of the thread for the
behavior of others.

Thanks for making a point I have been trying to make for several months.

[...]

JohnH

On 24 May 2006 17:15:38 -0700, "
wrote:

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JIMinFL wrote:

[...]

Chuck, you're making rational arguments that any reasonable person would
understand.

Key word - reasonable.

JimH is pandering to a certain crowd, most of which have deserted him
anyway. Putting him in your kill file would help everyone.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

I am once again the focus of JohnH's post, with his reply being nothing
but inflamatory.

JohnH has been the cause/origan of most negative or argumentative
posts, this being one of them.