basskisser

Default I just signed up for..........

dt wrote:
basskisser wrote:
JimH wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...

JimH wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...

JimH wrote:

.........accuweather.com for my cell phone. Live radar and satellite
weather images are now available on my cell phone. $3.99/month for
the
premium service. http://wireless.accuweather.com/

Not having radar on the boat to double check on weather warnings
broadcast
on the VHS or when the sky starts to look questionable this program
will
come in handy. ;-)

That might be a handy feature to have.

Do you also carry a barometer? I'd suspect that by the time a storm
severe enough to show up on radar gets close enough to be detected by
the type of radar commonly found on small pleasure craft you would want
to be headed for shelter at a pretty good clip. Will the weather radar
on your cell phone give you pretty detailed coverage so that you can
possibly detect squalls, or are the satellite images mostly regional in
nature?

How good is the cell phone coverage where you boat? It's probably OK
along the shorelines
(is most anywhere that there's much settlement) but if you're far
enough offshore that you would need radar for spotting storms will you
always have reliable cell signal?

Great cell phone coverage. I do not go far from shore with this boat. I
am
pretty good at reading the skies and our VHS has a weather alert feature.
This cell phone feature just backs up those things so I can get a visual
on
the location and intensity of the storm, if in fact there is one heading
our
way.

F, Jim.

Your boat is equipped with a VHF.

Brain fart. Doh!

But you have to admit, that Chuck's reply was pretty funny! I have the
same feature from the Weather Channel, and I really like it.

This could really be a good feature, though!
Think about it--pick a day you like, hit the VHS,
and presto! From now on, every time you check the
weather, it's in the 80's with light southerly
breezes. No storms, ever!

DT

Exactly. Record the nice days and save them for use in the winter!