Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JohnH

Default Race for the Cure - A Resounding Success

I don't have any idea how many thousands of people were in the Richmond
Race for the Cure today, but it was surely in the tens of thousands. I'd
never expected that many people to gather in Richmond, Virginia, for
something like this.

The race was well organized, started on time, was a nice (three mile)
walking distance, and no one suffered too much. We all had a great time.

The organizer for our 'Racing for Renee' team did a great job, including
the design and ordering of T-shirts for the team. Our team wore a hot pink
with "Racing for Renee" and a race car on the front, with all the team
members and donors on the back. I shouldn't say 'all' the donors, because
some of you donated too late to get your names on the shirt. One of you may
see your wife's name on the shirt, but not yours. Sorry!

Pictures of the team, the race, the shirt, etc., are 'over there'. The size
of the download is pretty big, but there are ten pictures there. Please go
look.

I can't tell you how much your support has meant to me and, especially, to
my daughter, Renee. You will see her in a wheel chair. She's able to walk,
but she just had her last dose of chemotherapy a week ago, and it was
kicking her pretty badly. She'd been told that the last dose was the worst,
and she's now a believer.

One of you wrote her an email. It brought tears to her eyes. Thank you. You
know who you are.

Again, thanks all!
--
'Til next time,