Default Pink fresh water?

Sean Corbett wrote:
I purchased a used cabin cruiser last summer and as part of the winterizing
process had my marina drain the fresh water tank. I filled the tank with
new water and took the boat out on the lake. I noticed some areas that
needed cleaning so I filled up a bucket with this fresh water. Except it
had a distinct PINK coloration to it. What is this and how do I get rid of
it?!?! Thanks in advance.

Make sure you purge all the hoses, pumps, and hot water heater while
you're at it.
Best approach is probably to open your water taps, turn on the pump,
and drain the contents of your tank. It's a good idea to turn off the
electrical power to your water heater when you do this, although it's
not usually possible to pump your water heater dry. When you have
drained your tank you're still not done, as there will be "pink water"
remaining in the lines and hoses. You will need to refill and drain
your water tank probably three times to get rid of the antifreeze
completely, just like any other contaminant. The good news, (if I
recall correctly and you shouldn't rely strictly on my memory alone
regarding this), is that most of the potable water system anti freeze
is non-toxic. One of the benefits of living in the Perpetual Northwet
is that sal****er boaters never have to mess with putting antifreeze in
the potable water tank. :-)