JimH

Default You guys (and gals) are SPECTACULAR!

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
link.net...
basskisser wrote:

JohnH wrote:

Yesterday morning the total contributions to the Susan G. Koman Breast
Cancer Foundation was less than $500. Right now it's within a dollar of
being at $1100. Much of this came from the generosity of you guys, and we
really appreciate it!

If any of you still care to make a small donation, please do so. The web
site is:

[url] http://www.active.com/donate/varace4cure/JohnHerring

By now, those of you who've contributed should have received a 'thank
you'
email from me, in addition to the receipt for your income tax. If I've
let
one slip, chew on me for a while.
--
'Til next time,

John H

Good. I'm glad that people you consider "friends" here, even if online
only, have come around in a time of need.

That sounds a bit negative and John never used the word "friends".

The bottom line is that he has set a realistic goal and there are enough
people here to hit that number without missing a meal.

Dan

Come on folks.

Does John consider only those who contribute to *his* cause as friends, even
though others contribute to the same cause in a general way (it all goes to
the same basic fund) and have done so for the past 20 years?? I don't think
so.

For us..........we have been (substantial) contributors to this cause for
the past 20 or so years. Most importantly we have had personal experiences
in the recent past with breast cancer.

As I said earlier to John, our thoughts and prayers are with his
daughter......perhaps the most important thing when you think about it.

With that said.......please keep the contributions and prayers coming for
John's daughter. I know that the emotions and pain that he, his wife and
daughter are going through cannot be accurately described in words to those
who have not gone through it. Yet I do know that spiritual support (as well
as monetary for the breast cancer research) is appreciated.

I hope I did not speak out of line John. I was only trying to provide some
additional support for a friend. ;-)

JimH

basskisser wrote:

JohnH wrote:

[...]

though others contribute to the same cause in a general or different way?
I don't think so.

For us..........we have been contributors to the breast cancer cause for
the past 20 or so years. More importantly we have had personal
experiences in the recent past with breast cancer.

As I said earlier to John, our thoughts and prayers are with his
daughter......perhaps the most important thing when you think about it.

With that said.......please keep the contributions and prayers coming for
John's daughter. I know that the emotions and pain that he, his wife
and daughter are going through cannot be accurately described in words to
those who have not gone through it. Yet I do know that spiritual support
(as well as monetary for the breast cancer research) is appreciated.

I hope I did not speak out of line John. I was only trying to provide
some additional support for a friend. ;-)

A lot can be said for proof reading prior to posting. I guess I once again
failed in this regard.

Sorry if the original post came off the wrong way John....I did not intend
to make the post about me. Corrections made.

Reginald P. Smithers

Bassy's comment was about John and his campaign. It should not be
interpreted as anything but support for JohnH's excellent efforts. I am
impressed by what JohnH has done, and the support of so many rec.boats
readers, both the regulars, and probably many lurkers. The fact that JohnH
is doing a good job to support his daughter and breast cancer research does
not minimimze anyone else's efforts.

I am surprised that Bassy's warm words has hit a raw nerve with some.

--

Reggie

basskisser wrote:

JohnH wrote:

[...]

JohnH

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:02:17 -0400, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
hlink.net...
basskisser wrote:

JohnH wrote:

[...]

Please note that any contributions are not 'for John's daughter'.

Friendship and contributions have nothing to do with each other as far as
I'm concerned. There are some pretty staunch Liberals, and some pretty
staunch Conservatives in this group who've contributed to the foundation. I
didn't understand your comment either, but I certainly wanted nothing
negative in the thread.

Hopefully, even 'non-friends' are reading this thread. If so, I'll give
them a chance to get even for any offenses I've committed...

I'll match (on a $1 for $2 basis), up to the amount of the goal, any
donations made to the foundation through this web site by anyone from this
time until the cut-off for team donations, which is 1 May! So, if you
donate $20, that'll cost me another $10! If the group donates $3500 and
hits the goal, it'll cost me $1750.

Go for it!

--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

comREMOVETHIS wrote:

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
thlink.net...
basskisser wrote:

JohnH wrote:

[...]

Oh hell with it! I'll match (dollar for dollar) up to the goal! Now you
could put me out $3676! (But don't spread it around!) All the other
provisions apply!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JohnH

Whoops! I forgot to post the team web site:

http://geography.about.com/od/politi...masondixon.htm
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Reginald P. Smithers

Dan,
I read Bassy's comment as a positive comment about John and his campaign,
and those who have contributed.

--

Reggie

basskisser wrote:

JohnH wrote:

[...]

basskisser

Dan Krueger wrote:
basskisser wrote:

JohnH wrote:

[...]

What's negative about it? I think John would tell you that he considers
many here his "friends, even if online only".

The bottom line is that he has set a realistic goal and there are enough
people here to hit that number without missing a meal.

Yep.

JohnH

On 27 Apr 2006 05:11:31 -0700, "basskisser" wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:
basskisser wrote:

JohnH wrote:

[...]

Hell yes! Especially when they're not calling me bad names!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Dan Krueger

basskisser wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

basskisser wrote:

JohnH wrote:

[...]

I guess it was your use of the quotation marks in the original post.
That's the downside of written communication.

Dan