Bryan

Default Fuel Meter?

I read an article in Boating Life about using a fuel meter to monitor for
the best gph/rpm's.

Anyone using, or used, one of these?

Having had one and used one, would you buy and install another on your next
boat?

With the price of fuel, I'm starting to wonder about the fun value of WOT vs
max fuel efficiency.

Jim

Bryan wrote:
I read an article in Boating Life about using a fuel meter to monitor for
the best gph/rpm's.

Anyone using, or used, one of these?

Having had one and used one, would you buy and install another on your next
boat?

With the price of fuel, I'm starting to wonder about the fun value of WOT vs
max fuel efficiency.

I once had a boat with a "FloScan". It was good information initially,
but in the long run it didn't tell me anything I couldn't have figured
out in other ways.

William Andersen

I really want to add a Flo Scan to my boat (19' runabout) but it would only
be for fun, and I can't afford the hundreds of dollars they cost. I don't
need one, but it would be interesting to play with.

"Jim" wrote in message
. net...
Bryan wrote:
I read an article in Boating Life about using a fuel meter to monitor for
the best gph/rpm's.

Anyone using, or used, one of these?

Having had one and used one, would you buy and install another on your
next boat?

With the price of fuel, I'm starting to wonder about the fun value of WOT
vs max fuel efficiency.

I once had a boat with a "FloScan". It was good information initially,
but in the long run it didn't tell me anything I couldn't have figured out
in other ways.

DownTime

Bryan wrote:
I read an article in Boating Life about using a fuel meter to monitor for
the best gph/rpm's.

Anyone using, or used, one of these?

Having had one and used one, would you buy and install another on your next
boat?

With the price of fuel, I'm starting to wonder about the fun value of WOT vs
max fuel efficiency.

depening on the boat and intended usage, yes i would add another one. if
you tend to run offshore or long distances, it is really nice to know an
accurate reading/estimate of your range. and yes, it does help at times
to bump the throttle down a bit when you see that GPH number flashing at
ya.

i still toss in a WOT run or two. not really for fun, altho it is, but
to see if anything has changed. do i still see the same top end? rpm?
attitude?