les-ecureuils

Default VOLVO 5.7 8cyl carburizing 235cv consumption incredible?

Hello,
I am about to buy Chris Craft 260 Crown with a VOLVO PENTA 8 cyl, 5.7l,
235hp 1997
Some says to me that that it consumes 35l/h and others 60l/h even more.
Who can tell me the truth.
Changing the engine for a MPI necessary?
Thank you for your information
MICHEL

It depends how fast you run it, figure about 4 l/h for every 10 actual
horsepower. Typical fuel burn for that engine would be in the range of
40 to 60 l/h.

=======================
les-ecureuils wrote:
Hello,
I am about to buy Chris Craft 260 Crown with a VOLVO PENTA 8 cyl, 5.7l,
235hp 1997
Some says to me that that it consumes 35l/h and others 60l/h even more.
Who can tell me the truth.
Changing the engine for a MPI necessary?
Thank you for your information
MICHEL

Danlw

oups.com...

les-ecureuils wrote:
Hello,
I am about to buy Chris Craft 260 Crown with a VOLVO PENTA 8 cyl, 5.7l,
235hp 1997
Some says to me that that it consumes 35l/h and others 60l/h even more.
Who can tell me the truth.
Changing the engine for a MPI necessary?
Thank you for your information
MICHEL

I had a boat with that same basic/engine drive. As long as you stay out of
the secondaries of the carb, meaning you cruise at about 3100 to 3250 RPM,
you should burn about 14 gals per hour.

Any faster and or WOT would be a bunch more.

It would not be worth the cost of changing to MPI. Takes
a lot more work, and costs a lot more that you would think, would take to
long to recoup the difference in fuel savings.
Have a good season! Dan