BoatBanter.com

-   -   Yo - Red Sox fans... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/68589-re-yo-red-sox-fans.html)

John Gaquin April 14th 06 02:34 AM

Yo - Red Sox fans...

"RCE" wrote in message

YOU don't know???? People here relive the '67 season in their dreams.

RCE

After the season, Ken Coleman et al put out an album (remember them?) titled
"The Impossible Dream" -- an audio recap of the story of the season and
post-season run, complete with stirring music, etc., etc., played endlessly
in the households of RedSox Nation through the off-season of 67-68. My
little brother, who turned eight that season and is today a high muck-a-muck
indeed in his company, can to this day recite the script of that album
verbatim. Just talking about that season brings a smile to me!

MGG April 14th 06 06:43 AM

Yo - Red Sox fans...

Spent my teen years and early twenties in Cheshire, m'self. Mom and one bro
still live there.

--Mike

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John Gaquin wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message .

Trimontaine. Remember, I am a full-blooded Yankee.

SW Connecticut might be Yankee country if you're looking from Virginia,
or Mississippi, or some other place that ends in a pronounced vowel.
But..........if yaw from westa Wista, well...... yorra forrena :-)

South Central Connecticut. I was born in New Haven County, and lived as a
full-time resident of New Haven and its 'burbs for most of my early life.

Central Mass...blech.

John Gaquin April 14th 06 08:54 AM

Yo - Red Sox fans...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Central Mass...blech.

Well, that's westa wista! :-)

wf3h April 23rd 06 11:55 PM

Yo - Red Sox fans...

JimH wrote:

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

well, i became a Bosox fan in 2003 after having divorced my ex...a
yankees fan, in 2001 and marrying a bosox fan.

really no choice...