John Wentworth

Default Lake Powell boating tips

Several years ago we rented a houseboat for a week during early May and had
a great time. The weather was very good and the crowds were very manageable.
There were not any great amount of bugs.
Currently Lake Powell is now about 75 feet below the average water level for
April 10'th which could restrict your access to some locations.

We rented a 44' Explorer with twin 70hp Evinrude 2-strokes, very serious gas
hogs. I understand that many of the current rental fleet use 4-stroke
Mercs, and at the price of gas that would be a very good thing. Our
departure point was Wahweap which was very convenient to Page.

You can buy just about anything you need in Page or at the marina, but
you'll find the prices to be significantly higher than in a non-resort area.

Remember that traveling upriver takes longer than expected, and that even a
week isn't enough time to see everything that you would like to see.

If you're a fisherman be sure to bring your bass rigs, the fishing is
first-rate.

wrote in message
We are renting a houseboat on lake powell at the end of May (near
Page) Anything we should know ahead of time? Buggy, busy, whatever?