koosh

Default Around Manhattan

I'm new to this list and have a question a childhood boating
adventure.

When I was a teenager, c1947 I had an adventure in 16 foot wooden hulled
Wolverine motor boat with a 10 horsepower Mercury outboard engine,
docked in Little Neck Bay. A friend and I decided to circumnavigate
Manhattan Island. We headed West to the East River, South in the East
River, rounded the Battery, headed North up the Hudson River, around the
North end of Manhattan and then South on the Harlem and East Rivers to
complete the circle back.

Can you calculate the approximate distance traveled on that trip? It
would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please respond privately to:
--
Bernard Kouchel

Dan J.S.

"koosh" wrote in message
I'm new to this list and have a question a childhood boating
adventure.

When I was a teenager, c1947 I had an adventure in 16 foot wooden hulled
Wolverine motor boat with a 10 horsepower Mercury outboard engine, docked
in Little Neck Bay. A friend and I decided to circumnavigate Manhattan
Island. We headed West to the East River, South in the East River,
rounded the Battery, headed North up the Hudson River, around the North
end of Manhattan and then South on the Harlem and East Rivers to complete
the circle back.

Can you calculate the approximate distance traveled on that trip? It would
be appreciated. Thanks.

Please respond privately to:
--
Bernard Kouchel

Download google earth (for free)

http://earth.google.com/

there is a tool in there specifically designed to measure any distances. I
use it all the time for calculating running paths around my neighborhood -
on both streets and trails.