Del Cecchi

Default Ethanol and WTF?

wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:12:53 -0400, DSK wrote:

Well, that's true... I guess those OPEC meetings where they
make agreements about how much they'll pump, and what
they'll charge... it's part of "the marketplace."

OPECs efforts to change the real price of oil is about as effective as
the oil boycotts you see on the net. They need to sell it as bad as we
need to buy oit. The price spikes are more closely related to demand
and (US) refinery problems than any OPEC action.
The reality is the whole world is using more oil than they ever did
before so the price is up.

The biofuel boondoggle is only going to replace Exxon/Mobile with
Archer Danierls Midland and third world farmers who clear more rain
forests to grow sugars for the still..
That is not any solution to saving the planet.

I believe the favored solution of prominent ecologists is airborn ebola.
Preferably preceded by vaccinations for prominent ecologists.