ed

Default How many boat companies does Brunswick own?

I just visited the Burnswick.com site and was amazed at the number of boat
companies that this corporation owns. Never had any idea they were into so
many. I knew of Sea Ray and Boston Whaler because I work at a local
dealership.

Senior Member

Location: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed
I just visited the Burnswick.com site and was amazed at the number of boat
companies that this corporation owns. Never had any idea they were into so
many. I knew of Sea Ray and Boston Whaler because I work at a local
dealership.

I believe that between them Brunswick and Genmar probably command most of the boating market. Fortunately there are still some independents out there.
__________________
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com
RCE

--
RGrew176

A group of independents filed a monopoly lawsuit against Brunswick a few
years ago and initially won a huge court settlement. Brunswick successfully
appealed the court finding and didn't have to pay.

RCE

Dan Krueger

RCE wrote:
"RGrew176" wrote in message

ed Wrote:

I just visited the Burnswick.com site and was amazed at the number of
boat
companies that this corporation owns. Never had any idea they were into
so
many. I knew of Sea Ray and Boston Whaler because I work at a local
dealership.

I believe that between them Brunswick and Genmar probably command most
of the boating market. Fortunately there are still some independents
out there.

--
RGrew176

A group of independents filed a monopoly lawsuit against Brunswick a few
years ago and initially won a huge court settlement. Brunswick successfully
appealed the court finding and didn't have to pay.

RCE

The FTC should have taken care of the DD prior to their last
acquisition. The "competitors" would have had their opportunity to
enter their complaints at that time.

Dan