JimH

Default An engineering marvel

A water bridge for boats built over a river. Pretty amazing!

http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/223/31/

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,990878,00.html

JimH

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
A water bridge for boats built over a river. Pretty amazing!

http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/223/31/

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,990878,00.html

Pic: http://www.funonthenet.in/images/sto...aterbridge.jpg

tak

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
A water bridge for boats built over a river. Pretty amazing!

http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/223/31/

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,990878,00.html
Google NYS Erie Canal (1 version) for examples nearer to home.

Don White

tak wrote:
" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

A water bridge for boats built over a river. Pretty amazing!

http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/223/31/

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,990878,00.html
Google NYS Erie Canal (1 version) for examples nearer to home.

Can you imagine the weight of bridge structure, water & boats.
I wouldn't want to spend too much time under it.
basskisser

Don White wrote:
tak wrote:
" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

A water bridge for boats built over a river. Pretty amazing!

http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/223/31/

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,990878,00.html
Google NYS Erie Canal (1 version) for examples nearer to home.

Can you imagine the weight of bridge structure, water & boats.
I wouldn't want to spend too much time under it.

Nah, I'd stay under it all day. It's not really that bad. For one
thing, the water (the heaviest element) is a totally uniform load,
meaning it's spread out over the entire surface, not a point load,
plus, it's static not dynamic. Now, there is some tremendous loading
going on, but it's all very easily accounted for, nothing abnormal
going on.

Bert Robbins

Don White wrote:
tak wrote:
" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

A water bridge for boats built over a river. Pretty amazing!

http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/223/31/

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,990878,00.html
Google NYS Erie Canal (1 version) for examples nearer to home.

Can you imagine the weight of bridge structure, water & boats.
I wouldn't want to spend too much time under it.

Theoretically, the weight of the water and boats is a constant. What varies
is the people walking across or standing on the bridge.

Dan J.S.

"Don White" wrote in message
tak wrote:
" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

A water bridge for boats built over a river. Pretty amazing!

http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/223/31/

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,990878,00.html
Google NYS Erie Canal (1 version) for examples nearer to home.

Can you imagine the weight of bridge structure, water & boats.
I wouldn't want to spend too much time under it.

boat adds absolutely no weight to this bridge... physics 101

tak

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan J.S. wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
tak wrote:
" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

A water bridge for boats built over a river. Pretty amazing!

http://www.funonthenet.in/content/view/223/31/

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,990878,00.html
Google NYS Erie Canal (1 version) for examples nearer to home.

Can you imagine the weight of bridge structure, water & boats.
I wouldn't want to spend too much time under it.

boat adds absolutely no weight to this bridge... physics 101

Prove it...!!

Think about what causes a boat to float (or anything to float). His point
will come to you. Or Google displacement

Bert Robbins

Dan J.S. wrote:

http://www.boatsafe.com/kids/021598kidsques.htm