posted to rec.boats.paddle
pausto

Default A little rain, a little surf, a big whale, and a very happy paddler!

Melissa wrote:
snipped horribly

I really wanted to get out earlier today, (aka Pacific Ocean).

Now beyond the surf zone, a nice wide view of the bluffs standing defiant
against one of the great forces of nature all these many years.

As the rocks drew nearer, I just can't predict what will catch my eye my
Imagination. Then, a familiar sound, whale breath! :-) ...and the sound of his breath is growing fuller, deeper.

I catch a glimpse of his eye. Hi Spot! :-) I tell him that I have to go home soon. Again, no answer...swimming is good enough.

I turn around, and begin to paddle home. For about ten more minutes,
Spot tags along,
Melissa

Awesome post!
My being raised in the Los Angeles area, and living in the
Baltimore area since 1970, Paddling since 2003, I must ask, where
on the left coast are you referring? I'm thinking somewhere
waaaay north of LAX.

Your posting was as vivid a verbal pictorial as even those of
Mike Mcrea! Way Cool, thanks for posting.

Paul