posted to rec.boats.paddle
Bill Tuthill

Default Drysuit repair and alteration experience.

Michael Daly wrote:

The Kokatat jacket was older and one of the low end models.
The Stolquist was a lot pricier and high end.

Stohlquist is not renowned for high quality at any price.
It's possible they specified a lower grade of latex, or recycled
one of those purplePassion suits (see below).

I've seen the recommendations mostly based on UV protection.

I believe the UV protectiveness of 303 is extremely over-rated.
Many years ago an ad appeared showing two PFDs, one sprayed with 303,
one not. The non-sprayed one was really faded. So I have sprayed
my PFD with 303 over the years, and it still faded badly.

OTOH, before going on low-water rock-infested creekin' runs, I spray
303 on the bottom of my inflatable kayak to make it slide better.

"In general, Latex will decay from salt/sweat."
http://www.purplepassion.com/purple-passion-hints.html

Interesting - I guess I don't have the same hobbies as you :-)

That was just from Google. Try searching "paddling fun" sometime.
Isn't it really bizarre what some people enjoy? I can't see why
anyone would dress up in a latex suit.

Hopefully you also learned something about cervical caps.

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Brian Nystrom

Bill Tuthill wrote:
Michael Daly wrote:

The Kokatat jacket was older and one of the low end models.
The Stolquist was a lot pricier and high end.

Stohlquist is not renowned for high quality at any price.

I've found my Maytag dry suit to be very high quality. There are some
aspects of the design I'm not totally happy with, but it's a very
well-made suit.