posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Kayak/Canoe Carts

Just wanted to mention I manufacture Kayak and Canoe carts that are
affordable,stowable,and durable. Check us out :
http://www.CarolinaCaddy.com
If you mention this news group I'll send you a Free wallet Dry Pouch
when you order a cart.
Happy Paddling!
David James
CarolinaCaddy.com

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Grip

The creekin tee is very cool! I also thought the guy's pic where he adapted
your cart to his bicycle was an unthought of ( on my part ) good use. Also
cool. These things can certainly be very helpful for alot of folks and
situations, but every time I see one I think of 2 middle aged ( in very good
physical condition ) women I saw last summer at a boat ramp we use for a
take out ( about 1/2 mile downstream from a favorite class III play spot.
They had obviously just bought 2 rec boats, with all the gear, bilge pumps
on the decks, cell phone bags, paddle leashes ( I discourage all my students
from using these ) the works.....along with each having a folding cart.
Being as their car was a whole 25 feet from the water, I couldn't help but
wonder as they unloaded their craft, proceeded to lash their boats to these
carts ( about 5 minutes ), move them to the water ( about 5 seconds ),
unleash the boats ( about 5 minutes ), strap the carts to the rear decks (
about 10 minutes ), return for the rest of the stuff they needed, then push
off. No where else to land on this river where you would need carts, big
flat water section, and would have been far quicker to if needed, double up
on carrying the boats. It did remind me of my first boat and gear when I
started as a flat water paddler, didn't want to scratch my boat, asked about
which polish would make it faster, what craft tracked the best, basically, I
could relate! BTW, I'm middle aged as well. No flaming necessary....I
already said I occassionally paddle with the flat water side of my club.
oups.com...