posted to rec.boats.paddle
T Donily

Default Dagger Catalyst

Hey all,

I'm a beginning Kayaker and was wondering if the Catalyst would be a
suitable yak to start with. I do have some experience in a canoe. I'll
spend most my time on local rivers and lakes in N central OK and S central
KS.

Thanks

posted to rec.boats.paddle
T Donily

Some, you could probably walk across most the rivers (creeks?) without going
deeper than your head. But there's a reservoir that I can paddle frequently
and a paddling club up near Wichita

"WG" wrote in message
. ..
You say what now? There's surface water in those parts?

posted to rec.boats.paddle
Grip

If you're talking recreation boat, buy the cheapest thing you can find to
start, rec boats are all the same in purpose....no real skills required and
tiny learning curve. If you are looking for a touring\quiet water\mild
stream boat.....take a look and ask the other club members who have more
experience. Most likely you can demo at "demo days" local shops may sponsor
in the spring. You need to be pickier with these craft, find one that really
suits your needs, so try all you can. NOW...if yer talking white water
boats, I can help ya :-)
"T Donily" wrote in message
m...
Some, you could probably walk across most the rivers (creeks?) without

going
deeper than your head. But there's a reservoir that I can paddle

frequently
and a paddling club up near Wichita

"WG" wrote in message
. ..
You say what now? There's surface water in those parts?