Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Injam

Default I'm trying to understand propellers

Hello,

I'm trying to understand propellers.

If you have two identical boats, but the outboard horsepower ratings are
different. One boat has a 200 hp and the other a 250 hp. Both motors have
the same Gear Ratio. If the propellers are identical and the RPM of the
outboard is the same on each boat. Say 6000 RPM. Because of the weight
advantage will the 200-hp boat be faster than the 250 hp? I'm thinking less
weight less slippage otherwise they would be going the same speed.

Sincerely,

Injam