FREDO

Default PING: Harry Krause

Harry,

I think I found a lobster boat in your neck of the woods.

http://ww2.boatus.com/classifieds/Ad...asp?Boat=17374

If it's close to you let me know what you think of her?

Fredo

FREDO

Yeah but I am looking for a retirement boat to take to Puget Sound and use
as a partial liveaboard/ fishing boat.

We are also going to buy a cabin on the Olympic peninsula.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
FREDO wrote:
Harry,

I think I found a lobster boat in your neck of the woods.

http://ww2.boatus.com/classifieds/Ad...asp?Boat=17374

If it's close to you let me know what you think of her?

Fredo

Deale is pretty close. The boat looks old and wooden.

JohnH

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:43:37 GMT, "FREDO" wrote:

Harry,

I think I found a lobster boat in your neck of the woods.

http://ww2.boatus.com/classifieds/Ad...asp?Boat=17374

If it's close to you let me know what you think of her?

Fredo

Deale is my home port. If I see it when I get up there in late March, I'll
try to let you know what it's like.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
FREDO

I'm not there yet. I will be in about 7 years. I'm just getting started
looking for a decent old boat.

FREDO wrote:
Harry,

I think I found a lobster boat in your neck of the woods.

http://ww2.boatus.com/classifieds/Ad...asp?Boat=17374

If it's close to you let me know what you think of her?

Fredo

Deale is pretty close. The boat looks old and wooden.

Well, I doubt you want an old barge like the one in that ad. It's been in
commercial use for three decades, and hasn't much of a cabin. If you are
in the NW, you ought to be shopping for boats up there.

FREDO wrote:
Yeah but I am looking for a retirement boat to take to Puget Sound and use
as a partial liveaboard/ fishing boat.

We are also going to buy a cabin on the Olympic peninsula.

Thou wilt freeze thy patooties off on Puget Sound with that thing. It
make make it as a fishing boat, but you wouldn't live aboard in any
sort of comfort. There's no reason that a boat of that size couldn't or
wouldn't be a year 'round, 12-month boat up here...but you will
definitely want some cabin heat- even in the early morning hours of
August.

Pacific NW boat = at least two sources of cabin heat, (maybe red dot
and a diesel furnace), and no space wasted with an unused air
conditioning system.

Get your Oly Pen cabin while the getting is good, btw. Prices in
outlying towns are going up, on a percentage basis, far faster in many
cases than here in Seattle. I have some friends who were ready to move
to Anacortes last year, but in the 6 months it took them to get off the
dime and take action they found houses in the very same neighborhoods
up there had gone from "barely affordable" to "no fricking way!"

FREDO

Thanks for the Info.

I may need to set my sights a little bit higher. Maybe spend around 40,000
for a boat and 80,000 for a cabin?

wrote in message
oups.com...