Don White

Default ping..Harry re ironworker monument

Thought you might find this interesting...
video worth playing..
** http://tinyurl.com/dtotm **
Don White

Don White wrote:
Thought you might find this interesting...
video worth playing..
** http://tinyurl.com/dtotm **

D'oh.... try
http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns-ironwo...e20051206.html

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Don,
Very interesting article. Did you know the bridge was built by non union
workers?

I don't recall reading that.

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Don,
Very interesting article. Did you know the bridge was built by non union
workers?

I don't recall reading that.

Tee-hee.

You're easily amused. Smithers lies, then you eat it like a kid eating
a bugger.

Don White

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:

Don,
Very interesting article. Did you know the bridge was built by non union
workers?

I don't recall reading that.

Tee-hee.

What's so funney Walter Brennan?
Lord Reginald Smithers

Don,

Of course you didn't. It wasn't in the article. But that does not make it
false.

Pssss - Don I was just tweaking you and Harry since you are both pro Union.
I have no idea if it was a union job or not.

"Don White" wrote in message
Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Don,
Very interesting article. Did you know the bridge was built by non union
workers?

I don't recall reading that.

Don White

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Don,

Of course you didn't. It wasn't in the article. But that does not make it
false.

Pssss - Don I was just tweaking you and Harry since you are both pro Union.
I have no idea if it was a union job or not.

All right...tell that to Bert. He's interested.

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Don,

Of course you didn't. It wasn't in the article. But that does not make it
false.

Pssss - Don I was just tweaking you and Harry since you are both pro Union.
I have no idea if it was a union job or not.

Then you should have dropped a clue. You sucked in somebody from your
own side entirely, (as they joined in with an anti-union "tee hee").
How do your fellow conservatives like being hoodwinked by one of their
own? Deliberate misstatements like this are how rumors start. Somebody
will read what you wrote, and without following down the thread to read
your confession they will email 10 anti-union people, who email another
10 anti-union people, and pretty soon you've got it spewing forth from
the Gospel according to Limbaugh.

You could still make your point with one of my personally favorite
propaganda phrases. "Is there any truth to the rumor that......." (the
bridge was built by illegal immigrants working off the clock for
WalMart), (the bridge is actually a cleverly disguised listening device
that can monitor private conversations in households suspected of
embracing liberal politics), etc..... The phrase is a dirty trick that
probably accomplishes the same purpose, but by including a large
element of doubt in the statement it alerts the original readers or
listeners that some fact-checking would be in order.

Conservative talk show people pull the same stuff all the time. One of
them will start a show
with a comment like, "Ted Kennedy will probably {keyword} begin his day
in Washington DC by calling for the US govt. to issue white flags to
all of our troops so that they can more easily and safely surrender in
Iraq." They will then take 20 calls from people absolutley *outraged*
that Ted Kennedy, all democrats, all liberals, all gay people, any Jews
not employed by the stock exchange, all racial minorities except Condi
Rice, and nearly everybody in the press is in favor of an immediate
surrender in Iraq. By the end of the afternoon, "Ted Kennedy and all
the liberals want to surrender!" will be the buzz of most right wing
conversations. Nobody would do the basic research to discover that not
only did Ted Kennedy *not* begin his day by calling for white flags to
be issued to the troops, but that he was in a comittee meeting trying
to get funding for better armor for the HUMVEES.

Harry Has Had A Productive Morning Bert Robbins General 3 November 28th 05 03:34 PM
Ping: Harry Eisboch General 0 November 19th 05 02:52 AM
Ping..........ping.................ping........... *JimH* General 0 October 30th 05 09:33 PM
Harry and Chuckie Skipper General 2 October 18th 05 03:56 AM