RCE

Default Grant's Tomb Questions...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:06:01 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:27:31 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:51:33 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

I'm collecting Grant's Tomb questions...

You know, questions whose answers are so obvious even some of the
idiots who post on usenet would get them right.

1. Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?
Davy Crockett

2. What president does the Lincoln Memorial honor?
Mike Fink - King of The River.

You get the idea. They don't have to be political...

Post yours here.
1 - Who invented Occam's Razor?

2 - Who developed the Cadimir Effect?

3 - Who developed the Hawking Radiation theory?

4 - Who wrote "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams?

Just as a side note, I used the Cadimir Effect as a question to a
physics class I was subbing for one time and, I kid you not, had
three
students tell me that it didn't exist except on Star Trek.
Mush too complicated, but you get the idea. I mean, you'd have to
explain what Occam's razor was...
1 - Occam's Razor isn't a what - that's the point. I'll bet you
dollars to donuts that somebody would answer Gillette.

2 - Dollars to donuts that somebody would answer Cadbury.

3 - Self explanatory - famous physiscist - gotta be a "huh?" in that
one.

4 - Self explanatory and a hell of a lot smarter than Grant's Tomb.
You miss the point. Sorry, Charlie.

Whatever.

And here I thought you were one of the brighter bulbs in here. :)

You still don't get it. I'm looking for "stunatz" questions.

Who is buried in Grant's Tomb is such a question.

Everyone has heard of Grant, but a stunatz would stumble on who is buried
in Grant's tomb.

If you ask a stunatz the Hawking question, you'll get, "Who? Who was
Hawking?"

Here...

What famous American family is the Ford Motor Car named after?

That's a stunatz question.

Like, "What color was George Washington's white horse"?

Rce

JimH

wrote:

[...]

That'll do it.

Obviously, this game is too subtle for Tom.

Mine were subtle.

Yours are just plain stupid.

http://tinyurl.com/2ctys ;-)

Grant's Tomb Questions... RG General 3 February 23rd 06 02:42 AM
Grant's Tomb Questions... William Bruce General 0 February 23rd 06 12:29 AM
Grant's Tomb Questions... JimH General 0 February 22nd 06 10:36 PM
Grant's Tomb Questions... JimH General 0 February 22nd 06 09:12 PM
Grant's Tomb Questions... Doug Kanter General 1 February 22nd 06 06:23 PM