posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Tamaroak

Default Lifesling2 and its USCG approval

Is the Lifesling2 approved by the USCG requirement (160.050) for a 24"
ring buoy for vessels carrying persons for hire? It's a Type IV, but I'm
not sure it qualifies and am looking for others' interpretation.

Capt. Jeff
posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Tamaroak wrote:
Is the Lifesling2 approved by the USCG requirement (160.050) for a 24"
ring buoy for vessels carrying persons for hire? It's a Type IV, but I'm
not sure it qualifies and am looking for others' interpretation.

Capt. Jeff

I believe it's only good for pleasure craft. You could just call the
local CG office.

Found this with a quick search... The Lifesling2 is U.S. Coast Guard
Approved and fulfills the requirement for a throwable device on some
pleasure vessels.

You could also ask the manufacturer directly.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com