Skipper

Default Braindamaged POTUS Torpedoes Sequoia

Yep, you guessed it, that braindamaged POS, Jimmy Carter, was
responsible for torpedoing America's Presidential yacht, Sequoia in
1977. Jimmy dumped on many traditional American values during his rein
of terror; we lost a canal, a great national defense, and Middle East
influence while gaining stagflation and ever increasing taxation under
Carter. Yep, we owe a lot to the Dems.

http://tinyurl.com/3tjsz

--
Skipper
JohnH

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:16:16 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Yep, you guessed it...

No doubt about it, and no need to guess...you're the Queen of Trolls,
but you're dragging old bait.

Try something new and clever, Snipper.

Harry, thank you for deleting the troll which caught you.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Skipper wrote:
Yep, you guessed it, that braindamaged POS, Jimmy Carter, was
responsible for torpedoing America's Presidential yacht, Sequoia in
1977. Jimmy dumped on many traditional American values during his rein
of terror; we lost a canal, a great national defense, and Middle East
influence while gaining stagflation and ever increasing taxation under
Carter. Yep, we owe a lot to the Dems.

http://tinyurl.com/3tjsz

--
Skipper

A picture is worth a thousand distortions:

http://www.sequoiayacht.com/index.cf...t=56&GalMenu=3

Jimmy Carter managed to unload a 50-year old (back then) wooden boat
(!) and relieved the taxpayers of the increasing burden.

The Sequioa is still considered a "Presidential" yacht, and has been
used to for a number of Presidential and Executive Branch functions
over the years. The current Bush
(currant bush?..just kidding) has had the Dept of Homeland Security and
other agencies aboard Sequioa. While the boat is available for charter,
the President and Vice President have the right to comandeer the use of
the boat for personal or governmental use at any time.

One of the challenges with a "Presidential Yacht" is that its age, use,
and condition all imply a lot of things about the presidency and the
US. How does any president expect to impress the Sultan of Brunei or a
member of the House of Saud by entertaining them on a boat that is 25%
the size of their own "official" yachts and hasn't been updated for 75
years?

Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:
Skipper wrote:
[...]

The boat rents for about $10,000 for a half-day.

Skipper is just on another of his quests to "trash" Jimmy Carter. If you
engage him, you're just playing his game. The only thing to do with
Skipper is slam him to the mat or ignore him.

$10,000 for half a day? That's not all that bad. I'll bet the old gal
is booked pretty steadily, especially back near DC.
Some political action group or another wants to impress big bucks
donors from the midwest? Invite them out for lunch on the "Presidential
Yacht" and those 6-figure checks would simply start fluttering out of
purses and wallets. A bit pricey for personal use, but corporations
regularly pay that much or more for perks that are a lot less
impressive.

Reggie Smithers

wrote:
Skipper wrote:
[...]

I had a Dinner Meeting on the Sequoia around 1980/81. They kept the
boat in Ft. Lauderdale, and you could charter the boat for a evening
dinner cruise. They would take the boat around Biscayne Bay, and cruise
down the inter-coastal so you could see the homes you will never be able
to afford. They had a decent chief, great service a beautiful boat and
it was an enjoyable evening, but it was not up to the standard for a
Presidential Yacht. The current "Presidential Yacht" is Air Force One,
and that is state of art luxury.

It had been completely restored (at what you could pay for a new
boat)but they were not able to make money in Ft. Lauderdale. If I am
not mistaken they then tried NYC and Phili. without making a profit. I
think it was then sold to the current owner who moved it to DC.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:
Skipper wrote:
[...]

I've seen it out the Po-to-Mac a few times. I'm not impressed with it;
it is what it is: an old, outdated, narrow wood pleasure yacht. I
suppose those who are impressed with "trappings" would think it "cool."

It's too easy a target for the POTUS to ride around in, though.

Good point. We could easily be reading about one of our presidents,
brain damaged or not, torpedoed while *aboard* the Sequoia.

Can you image the security that would have to be in place to put the
POTUS out for a cruise on that thing?
Probably a submarine shadowing the boat below the surface, a copter or
two hovering overhead, the entire crew would need to be Secret Service,
and probably escorted by a couple of RIBS with 50-calibers mounted over
their bows.
Doesn't sound like much fun to me...no wonder the presidents seldom go
boating.

Jim,

Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:

Skipper wrote:

[...]

J.C. for all his faults gave Americans at least one great gift -- he
legitimized LUST "I have lusted in my heart"
Doug Kanter

"Jim," wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:

Skipper wrote:

[...]

He's still trying to give us gifts. Trouble is, hardly anyone's paying
attention. They've been told to stay busy worrying about 9/11.

Skipper

Reggie Smithers wrote:

I had a Dinner Meeting on the Sequoia around 1980/81... The current "Presidential Yacht"
is Air Force One, and that is state of art luxury.

I've been on several AF1s many times over the years, gotta tell you, the
Sequoia holds far more meaning and history for me. Carter consistently
screws the pooch to this day and did then. If the Sequoia had to be
retired, it should have been to the Smithsonian and public access given.
Carter is a braindamaged hick continually embarrassing this country. He
hasn't done anything Right.

--
Skipper
JohnH

On 10 Feb 2006 09:40:19 -0800, wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
wrote:
Skipper wrote:
[...]

The sub would have to remain on the surface, unless it's one of those
little one-man jobs. Finding even 30' of water in the upper Potomac, north
of the 301 bridge, would be damn difficult!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****