rcoleman

Default ideas for a dodger or small cuddy...

I did this on my 18 CC, starting with a small spray dodger, and evolving to
a canvas cuddy. My bow is very similar to yours, and I started by having
full cushions made, and with some removable panels, ended up with a nice
V-berth comfortable for two adults. The dodger is a simple tube frame, bent
to match the contour of the hull, and attached with common bimini hardware
and straps. It folds flat when not in use. From there, a V shaped sunshade
panel was made to stretch between the dodger and the bimini, and it didn't
take long to imagine a couple of side panels would make a weather tight
cuddy cabin. We call it our collapsible cruiser. We used Sunbrella for all
the canvas, and robbed windowpanels and zippers from a couple of small cheap
tents for the side panels. It took a bit of trail and error for fitting, but
we used cheap bed sheets to make templates before ripping into the expensive
stuff. Beats tent camping, and when I'm not using it, it stows away onboard.
Great for those sudden showers you can't run from too.
Good luck.

i have this lame idea about putting a dodger or perhaps a small cuddy
on the front deck of the ranger.

heres some pictures - any ideas?

http://www.swsports.org/images/IMG_1852.JPG

http://www.swsports.org/images/IMG_1853.JPG

http://www.swsports.org/images/IMG_1854.JPG

http://www.swsports.org/images/IMG_1855.JPG

yeah, i know the boat is dirty, but i couldnt help that - by the time
i could get it covered, it was already dirty and filled with snow.

rcoleman

If you would like some more detail, email me and I'll send you some pics.
It's been a couple of years in an ongoing process project. By next season I
may have the rear side curtains done, and I'm working on an "aft cabin" for
the kids.

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:02:35 GMT, "rcoleman"
wrote:

[...]

thats a great idea - thanks a lot.