RCE

Default What was Your Boat Buying Strategy?

"Garth Almgren" wrote in message
Around 2/3/2006 2:04 PM, Mainshipman wrote:

I'm curious to hear stories about how folks knocked down the price on
their new boat, particularly anything creative or innovative (buying
used or stripping off options doesn't count). Anyone find any good
sources of information or do anything clever? Thanks.

My strategery: Inherit.

That was good. Thanks LOL.

RCE

Calif Bill

"Mainshipman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm curious to hear stories about how folks knocked down the price on
their new boat, particularly anything creative or innovative (buying
used or stripping off options doesn't count). Anyone find any good
sources of information or do anything clever? Thanks.

figured out what I would pay max. Knew the model boat I wanted, was used,
and tracked one down. Was a car dealership manager, who had one, and had
just bought an airplane. I knew what he wanted, what I was willing to pay
and gave him a cash offer. He had another offer that was higher, but part
of that was a trade in boat. He took my offer. I sent him a deposit
(another state) with a caveat that the boat had to be as described. Was
exactly as described, I wrote a check for the rest of the owed amount and
towed the boat home. Know what they are selling for and what they are
worth. Know what you can afford. Make an offer in the reasonable ballpark.
They, same as you will ignore stupid offers. Same as when I was selling my
last pickup. Some offers were in the rediculous range.

D-unit

Make sure your trailer comes with a spare tire.

If it doesnt, negotiate your best price and tell them
you'll deal with them if they through in a spare tire.

db

"Mainshipman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm curious to hear stories about how folks knocked down the price on
their new boat, particularly anything creative or innovative (buying
used or stripping off options doesn't count). Anyone find any good
sources of information or do anything clever? Thanks.

Mainshipman

This is all pretty good advice -- thanks a bunch.