posted to rec.boats.paddle
W. Watson

Default Survivorman Alive and Kicking

A few months ago I posted to a related group a query about the TV series
Survivorman. It might be of interest to this group too.

I had been puzzled by the many repeats of only six programs in the
Survivorman series than appear on the (Discovery Science Channel, Friday
nights). Now I know why. The program has been unexpectedly quite successful
with only six episodes filmed. They are working on new ones right now.
Here's the scoop from their web site:

In the mean time Survivorman just became the highest rated show in The
Science Channel’s (US) history. It’s done so well in fact that now the main
Discovery Channel US is going to run half hour versions of the first season.
It also continues to get great ratings on OLN here in Canada.

For the rest of the story, see http://www.davesturgeon.com/contrib.php?id=15

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews