Don White

Default Trigger happy US troops

Here we go again.
Appears a Canadian diplomat vehicle was following behind a US convoy
when a gunner decided to shoot'em up.
US Army story is hand signals to slow were given and warning shots fired
before thay blasted the vehicle.
Canadian story is that the car was following as it had done hundreds of
times before when a trigger happy soldier put three rounds into the
car...(one through the windshield missing a passenger by an inch)
without any warning.
Who you gonna believe?
Don White

Don White wrote:
Here we go again.
Appears a Canadian diplomat vehicle was following behind a US convoy
when a gunner decided to shoot'em up.
US Army story is hand signals to slow were given and warning shots fired
before thay blasted the vehicle.
Canadian story is that the car was following as it had done hundreds of
times before when a trigger happy soldier put three rounds into the
car...(one through the windshield missing a passenger by an inch)
without any warning.
Who you gonna believe?

*** ooops forgot http://tinyurl.com/abrml ***
Reggie Smithers

Don White wrote:
Here we go again.
Appears a Canadian diplomat vehicle was following behind a US convoy
when a gunner decided to shoot'em up.
US Army story is hand signals to slow were given and warning shots fired
before the blasted the vehicle.
Canadian story is that the car was following as it had done hundreds of
times before when a trigger happy soldier put three rounds into the
car...(one through the windshield missing a passenger by an inch)
without any warning.
Who you gonna believe?

Don,
I believe it is the great U.S. of A trying to keep Canada in it's place.

Anyway, who will ever miss a Canadian or two.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Reggie Smithers

Harry Krause wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:
Don White wrote:
Here we go again.
Appears a Canadian diplomat vehicle was following behind a US convoy
when a gunner decided to shoot'em up.
US Army story is hand signals to slow were given and warning shots
fired before the blasted the vehicle.
Canadian story is that the car was following as it had done hundreds
of times before when a trigger happy soldier put three rounds into
the car...(one through the windshield missing a passenger by an inch)
without any warning.
Who you gonna believe?

Don,
I believe it is the great U.S. of A trying to keep Canada in it's place.

Anyway, who will ever miss a Canadian or two.

Is that your idea of a joke, Reggie?

Harry,
Yes. Since I don't believe a US soldier would deliberately shot a
Canadian, I was being very sarcastic.

Reggie Smithers wrote:
Don White wrote:

Here we go again.
Appears a Canadian diplomat vehicle was following behind a US convoy
when a gunner decided to shoot'em up.
US Army story is hand signals to slow were given and warning shots
fired before the blasted the vehicle.
Canadian story is that the car was following as it had done hundreds
of times before when a trigger happy soldier put three rounds into the
car...(one through the windshield missing a passenger by an inch)
without any warning.
Who you gonna believe?

Don,
I believe it is the great U.S. of A trying to keep Canada in it's place.

*Anyway, who will ever miss a Canadian or two.*

Apparently the US Army.
All in the car survived unhurt.

Reggie Smithers

Don White wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:
Don White wrote:

Here we go again.
Appears a Canadian diplomat vehicle was following behind a US convoy
when a gunner decided to shoot'em up.
US Army story is hand signals to slow were given and warning shots
fired before the blasted the vehicle.
Canadian story is that the car was following as it had done hundreds
of times before when a trigger happy soldier put three rounds into
the car...(one through the windshield missing a passenger by an inch)
without any warning.
Who you gonna believe?

Don,
I believe it is the great U.S. of A trying to keep Canada in it's place.

*Anyway, who will ever miss a Canadian or two.*

Apparently the US Army.
All in the car survived unhurt.

LOL,

Damn, that was funny.

Reggie Smithers wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Don White wrote:

Here we go again.
Appears a Canadian diplomat vehicle was following behind a US convoy
when a gunner decided to shoot'em up.
US Army story is hand signals to slow were given and warning shots
fired before the blasted the vehicle.
Canadian story is that the car was following as it had done hundreds
of times before when a trigger happy soldier put three rounds into
the car...(one through the windshield missing a passenger by an
inch) without any warning.
Who you gonna believe?

Don,
I believe it is the great U.S. of A trying to keep Canada in it's place.

Anyway, who will ever miss a Canadian or two.

Is that your idea of a joke, Reggie?

Harry,
Yes. Since I don't believe a US soldier would deliberately shot a
Canadian, I was being very sarcastic.

Our flag is distinctive...although probably small versions flying on the
car fenders.
Don White

Harry Krause wrote:
Don White wrote:

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Don White wrote:

[...]

Perhaps you should paint the logo of one of the big oil companies on
your vehicles, so that our troops are reminded for whose profits they
are fighting.

Probably better off not using the Exxon logo, though...those big X's
might give some of our boys ideas.

Haliburton logos all over should make us bulletproof.
RCE

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Perhaps you should paint the logo of one of the big oil companies on your
vehicles, so that our troops are reminded for whose profits they are
fighting.

Probably better off not using the Exxon logo, though...those big X's might
give some of our boys ideas.

This is absolutely sick.

The reality is ... these guys are driving through areas prone for attacks.
Their comrades in arms are being blown up every other day. They are briefed
every day as to "suspicious activity" and how to respond. If I were in
their shoes, and somebody even looked cross-eyed at me I'd blow their head
off.

Gimme a break, Harry. These guys are not involved in politics.

RCE

Jeff Rigby

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:06:54 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Who you gonna believe?

neither - i wasnt and didnt see it happen.

probably a combination of the two stories is more likely the truth. a
stupid trooper over reacting to something the canadians did that they
usually don't do.

If you read the whole article, the reason for the shots was that the
Canadian car was attempting to pass the convoy. This is a usual practice of
suicide bombers. There was a sign on the military vehicles that said "Do
not pass". After hand signals were ignored and warning shots fired bullets
were directed into the engine block and one missed and went thru the lower
portion of the front window. You know an automatic rifle has a tendency to
travel UP as the shots are fired.

Military vehicles tend to travel very slow (25MPH) allowing them to avoid
many obstacles safely.

My objection to the article is that this information is provided too far
into the piece. Most of you didn't bother to read the entire article and
jumped to the conclusion that it was a trigger happy soldier.

Happy holidays J Beck ASA 2 December 22nd 05 01:11 PM
free Happy Henry eBook [email protected] ASA 0 December 20th 05 03:31 PM
free Happy Henry eBook [email protected] General 0 December 20th 05 03:30 PM
How The Troops See It... [email protected] General 0 November 29th 05 12:41 AM