JimH

Default Ping: Eisboch

All of our TV's are CRT analog, none HD TV ready. We are currently on a
pretty basic package with Comcast cable.

For about $10/month more we can upgrade to digital with additional features,
including more channels and movies on demand.

Question: Will we see any difference in picture quality if we switch to
this digital package?

Eisboch

Default Eisboch

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
All of our TV's are CRT analog, none HD TV ready. We are currently on a
pretty basic package with Comcast cable.

For about $10/month more we can upgrade to digital with additional
features, including more channels and movies on demand.

Question: Will we see any difference in picture quality if we switch to
this digital package?

Not necessarily. If your current analog signal is strong across all the
channels and your televisions are all analog, you won't notice much
difference. If some or all of your channels are weak or snowy, you will
notice a difference.

After all I've been through, I think the biggest bang for the buck is going
to an "ED" widescreen display with digital service. We have a 42" plasma ED
and a 50" plasma true HD. There is a difference, but not huge when sitting
10 feet away. Both *are* a quantum leap over the old analog service with
analog 480i monitors.

Eisboch

JimH

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks. We will keep the basic package as it is.

We will probably look at upgrading our TV's once we sell our house in 5
years (we will not need 4,000 square feet of house once the kids are out of
college) and buy our dream water front property. ;-)

Eisboch

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

We will probably look at upgrading our TV's once we sell our house in 5
years (we will not need 4,000 square feet of house once the kids are out
of college) and buy our dream water front property. ;-)

That's what you think. They all come back, in numbers.

Eisboch

Wayne.B

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:14:51 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

(we will not need 4,000 square feet of house once the kids are out
of college) and buy our dream water front property. ;-)

Been there, done that. We now rent the biggest storage locker you can
get around here, and the garage is still full. And that was after we
gave away an unbelievable amount of stuff up north.

Don White

JimH wrote:
All of our TV's are CRT analog, none HD TV ready. We are currently on a
pretty basic package with Comcast cable.

For about $10/month more we can upgrade to digital with additional features,
including more channels and movies on demand.

Question: Will we see any difference in picture quality if we switch to
this digital package?

I do.
Of course, we put the digital service on our best tv (until last
week)....an 8 year old top of the line JVC standard definition set which
we bought just before the I'ART series was available.
When you have digital service here, you are also entitled to three
standard hookups, all included in the package. (mom's wing, 2nd bedroom,
exercise room)
http://www.eastlink.ca/cable/digitalcable/index.asp
Why...the interactive information /schedule screens are almost worth the
$ 4.95 by themselves.
JimH

"Don White" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
[...]

I just called and can get a full digital package for a little over $13/month
with 2 boxes and remotes. Heck, life is too short so I went with it. To be
installed on Sunday the 5th...........so we will be watching the Super Bowl
with hopefully a better picture than we have now, which is not the best.

Don White

JimH wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

JimH wrote:

[...]

We've just completed our first year on digital service and I wouldn't go
back. As a matter of fact, I expect to take the next step and order the
30" SONY CRT Widescreen HDTV this weekend. Winter has finally arrived
and the next 2 months or so can be rough, so why not live a little.
Besides, we're tired of watching the 20" JVC while the broken 27" sits
on my furniture dolly in our living room.
JohnH

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:45:28 GMT, Don White wrote:

JimH wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

JimH wrote:

[...]

You're gonna love it! The digital box without HD is, imo, a waste of money.
With HD, it's money well spent. While watching the Super Bowl in HD, just
notice the reflections off the players' helmets. Amazing.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Reggie Smithers

JimH wrote:
All of our TV's are CRT analog, none HD TV ready. We are currently on a
pretty basic package with Comcast cable.

For about $10/month more we can upgrade to digital with additional features,
including more channels and movies on demand.

Question: Will we see any difference in picture quality if we switch to
this digital package?

The picture quality will not change at all. You are paying $10 a month
for additional features, not for better picture quality.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

OT Ping...Eisboch RG General 1 January 11th 06 04:33 PM
Ping..........ping.................ping........... *JimH* General 0 October 30th 05 09:33 PM
Ping Doug! Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 26th 05 08:44 PM
Ping: JIMinFL Eisboch General 0 October 18th 05 07:45 PM