Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lochawe

Default Shear pins and stuff

Hi Folks...Some Questions for you experienced guys and gals.

Does anyone know where to buy shear pins in the uk or Europe for a 4hp
mariner, also would any 4hp pin fit it, I.E Tohatsu.

Is it possible to fit a 12volt output unit to a "2005 model" mariner 4,
if so what is the part called (I have googled all over) and is it easy
to fit, do you get fitting instructions with a new unit. (fairly
mechanically and electrically minded)

Is it possible to fit electric start? again if so is it easy to fit.

Although it dosen't look like it can take an external tank, is there
any problems running a line in where the internal tank outlet feeds the
outboard.

What is the difference between a "normal" car battery and a boat
battery.

What roughly would the extra fuel consumption be from running at max
throttle as opposed to trolling/turtle speed......one third?

Does an 8 horse outboard use twice as much fuel as a 4 at the same
speed?

Does using the dearer unleaded fuel (uk) give any performance boost
and/or is it better for engine lifespan. (or same/worse).

Is it ok to run it dry or keep it topped up?.

How often should one service it and what does it involve (used 8-10
weekends per year for 10hrs per weekend)

We have another boat now with a teleflex system, all parts seem to be
there except the bit to connect the "end steering rod" to the outboard,
does anyone know what this part is called (we are using tiller arm at
mo)

Sorry about all the Qs but it is the first time I have bought an
outboard.

Thanks for any help/advice on any of the Questions.

Dave