posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B

Default Bahamas CMAP Chart Plotter Chip

Just got my Bahamas CMAP chip in the mail today.

Given that charts of the Bahamas are notorious for their inaccuracies,
I'd be interested in hearing about the experience of others vis-a-vis
the accuracy of CMAP's chart information.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne.B
Just got my Bahamas CMAP chip in the mail today.

Given that charts of the Bahamas are notorious for their inaccuracies,
I'd be interested in hearing about the experience of others vis-a-vis
the accuracy of CMAP's chart information.
Last time I was in Bimini, I was ON Bimini according to CMAP.
But they now have the Explorer charts on chips. Should be much better accuracy.

http://www.explorercharts.com/
__________________
Capt. Bill
Wayne.B

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:07:37 +0000, capt.bill11
wrote:

Last time I was in Bimini, I was ON Bimini according to CMAP.
But they now have the Explorer charts on chips. Should be much better
accuracy.

http://www.explorercharts.com/

Yes, I already have the Explorer Chart books. Last night I was
checking some of their waypoints and routes against the ones on the
CMAP chip and it looks like they match up perfectly. The chip that I
bought was not advertised as including the Explorer data but appears
that it does. It's going to be nice having all of the Explorer data
in one seamless collection without flipping pages back and forth.

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
A H FOSTER

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
news
Just got my Bahamas CMAP chip in the mail today.

Given that charts of the Bahamas are notorious for their inaccuracies,
I'd be interested in hearing about the experience of others vis-a-vis
the accuracy of CMAP's chart information.

Last time I was in Bimini, CMAP had me ON Bimini. But the new chips have the
Explorer chart kits on them. So they should be more accurate.