Netsock

Default Util company day of reckoning

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 06:49:41 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Got the gas bill for December for the house...

More than twice as much as the corresponding month of 2003.

Incredible.

I'm guessing your house was poorly constructed.

Given the age, and the fact that the builders used the cheapest
materials, you might want to look into new windows, and proper
insulation. You would be surprised how much heating savings just those
two upgrades could yield.

I would also recommend a programmable thermo-stat, but since you cant
even afford a second $5.00 gas can...I'm guessing non of these option
will ever be in your budget.
__

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/
Reggie Smithers

wrote:

Got the gas bill for December for the house...

More than twice as much as the corresponding month of 2003.

Incredible.

I'm guessing your house was poorly constructed.

Given the age, and the fact that the builders used the cheapest
materials, you might want to look into new windows, and proper
insulation. You would be surprised how much heating savings just those
two upgrades could yield.

I would also recommend a programmable thermo-stat, but since you cant
even afford a second $5.00 gas can...I'm guessing non of these option
will ever be in your budget.
__

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

I replaced my HVAC last spring, and I got a new auto thermostat it turns
on heat or ac auto, and you can set up to 5 different temps for during
the day. I turn it up for the AM when everyone is taking a shower, and
then turn it down to 65 during the day, and 68 during the evening then
62 during the night, when we are under the covers. My gas bill has not
increased at all, over last year.

--
Reggie
******
Netsock

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:00:32 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Oh, and my house is three years old, has 6" insulation batts in the
sidewalls, is wrapped, has top of the line double panes, and lots of
insulation in the attic.

You're just not too swift with facts, are you, little boy?

Actually, I am.

Now adding a fantasy house, to go along with your fantasy boat?

Nice...
__

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/
Butch Davis

Harry,

Sorry I made an incorrect assumption. Somehow, somewhere in the thread, I
wrongly arrived at the conclusion that you were not using LPG but were using
natural gas. As it was stored in an in ground tank I also incorrectly
assumed it must then be CNG.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Butch
wrote:

Oh, and my house is three years old, has 6" insulation batts in the
sidewalls, is wrapped, has top of the line double panes, and lots of
insulation in the attic.

You're just not too swift with facts, are you, little boy?

Actually, I am.

Now adding a fantasy house, to go along with your fantasy boat?

Nice...
__

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

Eisboch

in ct you cannot bury a lpg tank - never been able to understand why,
but you cant.

Same in MA. I think it's a conspiracy by the oil companies to make you have
to look at a green or white torpedo in your backyard if you want propane.

Eisboch

Calif Bill

"Eisboch" wrote in message

in ct you cannot bury a lpg tank - never been able to understand why,
but you cant.

Same in MA. I think it's a conspiracy by the oil companies to make you
have to look at a green or white torpedo in your backyard if you want
propane.

Eisboch

Problem at Tahoe and the sierras when it snows and if a pipe leaks, it
travels under the snow to the house, and causes major noises and heat. May
be the same problem with a tank underground.

Eisboch

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

Problem at Tahoe and the sierras when it snows and if a pipe leaks, it
travels under the snow to the house, and causes major noises and heat.
May be the same problem with a tank underground.

That may be it. I know in Florida they permitted tanks to be buried.

Eisboch

Butch Davis

The previous few comments is why I asked about impressed current cathodic
protection. Hard for me to imagine an underground steel tank full of LPG
without a system. Certainly if the tank rusted through the vapor would most
likely vent to the surface near the tank. However, there is too much
possibility that the vapor would travel along the supply line to the
residence for me to want to do it.

For liability reasons I suspect Harry's gas supplier has at least some kind
of sacrificial anode protection installed on the tank. Perhaps there is a
requirement to remove and inspect the rented tank at some interval? Or
perhaps they are simply changes out every 10 or so years???

Butch
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

Problem at Tahoe and the sierras when it snows and if a pipe leaks, it
travels under the snow to the house, and causes major noises and heat.
May be the same problem with a tank underground.

That may be it. I know in Florida they permitted tanks to be buried.

Eisboch

Eisboch

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
.net...

The previous few comments is why I asked about impressed current cathodic
protection. Hard for me to imagine an underground steel tank full of LPG
without a system. Certainly if the tank rusted through the vapor would
most likely vent to the surface near the tank. However, there is too much
possibility that the vapor would travel along the supply line to the
residence for me to want to do it.

For liability reasons I suspect Harry's gas supplier has at least some
kind of sacrificial anode protection installed on the tank. Perhaps there
is a requirement to remove and inspect the rented tank at some interval?
Or perhaps they are simply changes out every 10 or so years???

Butch

http://www.anodesystems.com/pro1.html

Eisboch