Skipper

Default Giant Mexican Needlefish

Found an interesting page on the Giant Mexican Needlefish this morning.
Reminded me of an encounter I had with these creatures while diving off
a rocky shore in the Cortez many years ago. In that encounter I was
approached by hundreds of these 5-foot toothy palagics. The school came
directly for me and circled in ever tightening constrictions. When the
school was within touching distance, I made a hasty retreat by diving
directly through the circling threat.

http://www.mexfish.com/fish/gmneed/gmneed.htm

BTW, the site also has an excellent fish ID section:
http://tinyurl.com/9939l

--
Skipper