Eisboch

Default Ping: JohnH

Pet Pig ????!!!!

Eisboch

JohnH

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:28:33 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Pet Pig ????!!!!

Eisboch

Yeah. We got him as a frostbitten, tiny piglet. We raised him in the house,
feeding him from a bottle until he got old enough to eat on his own. He was
a great pet, would jump on the couch, sit in my lap, beg to be petted, just
like a dog.

However, they grow up and get heavy. When it jumped on the couch and put
its hoof through the cushion, it got banned from the couch. Once it hit
about 250lbs, it didn't fit on my lap anymore. It went to the butcher shop,
Neither my mother nor my younger brothers would eat bacon unless they saw
it come out of the store package!

Did you see Porky's picture? Cute little guy, huh?

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Bryan

"JohnH" wrote in message
[...]

You ate your pet! Don't get me wrong, no issue with sending your pig off to
the butcher, but your pet pig for Sunday dinner? I've eaten beef I've known
personally, but never a pet. ; )

JimH

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...

"JohnH" wrote in message
[...]

The same thought crossed my mind when I read John's post.

How can you eat an animal you raised and loved as a pet?

JimH

"JohnH" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:22:46 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudadATyahooDOT com
wrote:

"Bryan" wrote in message
y.com...

"JohnH" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. I don't question your circumstances at the time John, I just would
have a very hard time doing it.

JohnH

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:56:03 GMT, "Bryan" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Well, we weren't on the wealthy side, if you know what I mean. We also ate
rabbit about twice every week. Four large boys, later five, and my dad was
a tech sergeant in the Air Force. That's the equivalent of an E-6 nowadays.