Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bryan

Default Local Lake Flooded

What happens when the marina store, launch ramp, and dry storage area for
boats is lower than the spillway threshhold?

I didn't have time to go out on the boat today, but I had enough time to
take a Sunday drive out to my local lake to see how it fared after our
Northern California rains.

Well, all the dry storage boats have been moved to higher ground and the
jetty is underwater, the launch ramp is under water, the grassy knoll is
under water, and the store at the top of the grassy knoll is under water.

Quite a sight to see! The store is empty so I'm guessing they saw the water
coming and had time to clear out the merchandise; I sure hope so. Hmm,
think my launch fees are going up next season? It's a nice mom and pop
shop, so I won't complain if they do if that's what it takes to keep them
alive.

Interesting how uninviting the lake is when it's filled with debris and zero
visibility. I was undecided about skiing or boating this Tuesday; I guess
I'm skiing!