Bill McKee

Default OT humor for the more mature, at least older ones

This is being sent only to those whose level of
maturity qualifies them to relate to it...

1975: Long hair

2005: Longing for hair

1975: KEG

2005: EKG

1975: Acid rock

2005: Acid reflux

1975: Moving to California because it's cool

2005: Moving to Arizona because it's warm

1975: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor

2005: Trying NOT to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor

1975: Seeds and stems

2005: Roughage

1975: Hoping for a BMW

2005: Hoping for a BM

1975: Going to a new, hip joint

2005: Receiving a new hip joint

1975: Rolling Stones

2005: Kidney Stones

1975: Being called into the principal's office

2005: Calling the principal's office

1975: Screw the system

2005: Upgrade the system

1975: Disco

2005: Costco

1975: Parents begging you to get your hair cut

2005: Children begging you to get their heads shaved

1975: Passing the drivers' test

2005: Passing the vision test

1975: Whatever

2005: Depends

Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change
things..

The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in
1987.
They are too young to remember the first space shuttle blowing up on
liftoff.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.

The CD was introduced the year they were born.

They have always had an answering machine.

They have always had cable.

They cannot fathom not having a remote control.

Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de
plane, Boss, de plane".

They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

Do you feel old yet? Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list.
Notice the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble
reading...

DSK

Bill McKee wrote:
The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in
1987.
They are too young to remember the first space shuttle blowing up on
liftoff.

The first shuttle did not blow up on lift-off.

I guess the memory is the first to go... unless it's the knees?

DSK

Reggie Smithers

Doug,
I am told the memory is the 2nd thing to go.

--
************************************************** ************************
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Bill McKee wrote:
The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born
in 1987.
They are too young to remember the first space shuttle blowing up on
liftoff.

The first shuttle did not blow up on lift-off.

I guess the memory is the first to go... unless it's the knees?

DSK

An old couple are having dinner at a restaurant and the husband leans
over and asks his wife, "Do you remember the first time we had sex
together over fifty years ago? We went behind this very tavern where
you
leaned against the back fence and I made love to you."
"Yes, she says, "I remember it well."
"Ok," he says, "How about taking a stroll around there again and we can

do it for old time's sake?"
"Oh Charlie, you old devil, that sounds like a crazy, but very good
idea!"
There's a police officer sitting in the next booth listening to all
this, and having a chuckle to himself. He thinks, "I've got to see
these
two old timers having sex against a fence. I'll just keep an eye on
them
so there's no trouble." So he follows them.
They walk haltingly along, leaning on each other for support, aided by
walking sticks.
Finally they get to the back of the tavern and make their way to the
fence.
The old lady lifts her skirt and the old man drops his trousers. As she

leans against the fence, the old man moves in. Suddenly they erupt into

the most furious sex that the watching policeman has ever seen. This
goes on for about ten minutes. Finally, they both collapse panting on
the ground. The policeman is amazed. He thinks he has learned something

about life that he didn't know. After about half an hour of lying on
the
ground recovering, the old couple struggle to their feet and put their
clothes back on. The Policeman, still watching, thinks this was truly
amazing. I've got to ask them what their secret is.
As the couple passes, he says to them, "Excuse me, but that was
something else. You must've had a fantastic sex life together. Is there

some sort of secret to this?"

The old man says, "Well, fifty years ago that wasn't an electric fence.

Bill McKee

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Bill McKee wrote:
The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born
in 1987.
They are too young to remember the first space shuttle blowing up on
liftoff.

The first shuttle did not blow up on lift-off.

I guess the memory is the first to go... unless it's the knees?

DSK

It was still lifting, and maybe they got old and just forgot the "that".

DSK

Bill McKee wrote:
It was still lifting, and maybe they got old and just forgot the "that".

There has only been one space shuttle which blew up on
lift-off, and it wasn't the first one. I guess if there's
been one, you could call it "the first" if you wanted to
imply more were inevitably going to blow up.

The first shuttle launch was the beginning of a safe &
successful mission.

http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/.../columbia.html

DSK

Bill McKee

"DSK" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:
It was still lifting, and maybe they got old and just forgot the "that".

There has only been one space shuttle which blew up on lift-off, and it
wasn't the first one. I guess if there's been one, you could call it "the
first" if you wanted to imply more were inevitably going to blow up.

The first shuttle launch was the beginning of a safe & successful mission.

http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/.../columbia.html

DSK

Maybe the person shoud have written
'They can not remember the first space shuttle that blew up.' Read for
meaning also.

DSK

Bill McKee wrote:
Maybe the person shoud have written
'They can not remember the first space shuttle that blew up.'

Maybe. But only one shuttle has blown up, as I pointed out.
Another one has tragically burned up on reentry, not quite
the same thing is it?

... Read for
meaning also.

I do.

Or did you mean to write "develop a tolerance for reading
mean-spirited distortions & inaccuracies"?

Can't oblige you there.

DSK

Bill McKee

"DSK" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:
Maybe the person shoud have written
'They can not remember the first space shuttle that blew up.'

Maybe. But only one shuttle has blown up, as I pointed out. Another one
has tragically burned up on reentry, not quite the same thing is it?

... Read for meaning also.

I do.

Or did you mean to write "develop a tolerance for reading mean-spirited
distortions & inaccuracies"?

Can't oblige you there.

DSK

Nope, I mean read for meaning.

JohnH

On 6 Jan 2006 05:46:16 -0800, wrote:

[...]

LOL! Good one.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes