NOYB

Default OT--Do you use emoticons (smiley faces)?

This is where they get them from:
http://tinypic.com/jb3c78.gif

JimH

Default Do you use emoticons (smiley faces)?

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...
This is where they get them from:
http://tinypic.com/jb3c78.gif

Now "on topic". ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/cpw9l

NOYB wrote:
This is where they get them from:
http://tinypic.com/jb3c78.gif

I don't. I think they're almost as childish as LOL, etc.

Reggie Smithers

Bass,
Do you do much fishing in the winter months? I understand the fishing can
be nice in some of the creeks, but is also very nasty in the winter?

--
************************************************** ************************
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss

wrote in message
oups.com...

Reggie Smithers wrote:
Bass,
Do you do much fishing in the winter months? I understand the fishing can
be nice in some of the creeks, but is also very nasty in the winter?

Yep, I fish all winter, not as much as spring/summer/fall, but I get
out. It's about 57 here today and sunny. It can get in the thirties. I
have a full face ski mask for when I run up and down the lake at 60 mph.

Reggie Smithers

It sounds like you have one of those Go Fast Bass Boats that terrorize the
lake. ; )

Is the fishing adequate in the winter or all the fish too lethargic?

-
************************************************** ************************
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
boating, please do not respond to the political and inflammatory
off- topic posts and flames.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Reggie Smithers wrote:
It sounds like you have one of those Go Fast Bass Boats that terrorize the
lake. ; )

Is the fishing adequate in the winter or all the fish too lethargic?

They are slow when and if they are shallow in the cold water, but
usually, being a very deep lake, they go deep to warmer water. Stripers
like it like that, and are really active all winter long.

http://www.lakelanierstripers.com/ Shane's a buddy. I met him because
I was dogging him one day to find out where the stripers were!!

Spotted, and large mouth bass are slow usually, but can be caught.
Smallies are active. we are in a unique fishery, both cold water and
warm water species in Lanier. There are walleye, trout, brim, sunfish,
blue gill, crappie, catfish, etc.

As for the boat, it's old, but it does go like hell! But, if you get in
a cove where there's lots of sailboats and cruisers plying the waters,
they churn the hell out of the water, and with the wind there's
whitecaps alot.

http://lanier.sam.usace.army.mil/

Reggie Smithers

wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:

[...]

It sounds like you have a lot to offer rec.boats as far as boating
knowledge. The problem with really getting boating discussed in here is
it is too easy to get caught up in the old time battles and political
flame fest. What do you think about putting those behind us and trying
to stay on topic?
--
Reggie
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
boating, please do not respond to the political and inflammatory
off- topic posts and flames.
JohnH

On 6 Jan 2006 07:55:08 -0800, wrote:

Reggie Smithers wrote:
[...]

What are the 'fish attractors' for which you can download maps? Are those something
the Corps put in the lake? Artificial structure, or what?

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Reggie Smithers

Reggie Smithers wrote:

[...]

The fish attractors can be anything to provide coverage for the fish I
have actually seen where they will sink some Christmas trees.

--
Reggie