Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Christmas gifts

I did get a couple of boat related Christmas gifts. Got a set of 12
guage flares and my wife gave me a Craftsman Work Center, basically a
roll-around tool box for working on my boat building ( I dont think she
yet knows how much the latest project has cost or she wouldnt be so
supportive). This in spite of her complaining that I have filled our
new carport with boatbuilding stuff.
Another intetresting non-boat related gift I got for the kids on a
reccomendation from IEEE spectrum and from Instapundit is the
electronic 20Questions game (Radica Games). You think of something and
the hand held gadget asks questions to guess what it is. For physical
objects, it is right over 80% of the time although it often has to go
to 27 questions. For "concepts" such as "love", "language" or
"wisdom", it can come sorta close and sometimes get it exactly right.
In spite of its programmed cocky personality, you find yourself wanting
it to win just so you can be amazed. It was less than $10.00. I bet
that next years version can deal well with concepts and have a "not
applicable" button for some questions.

Corrupt liberal media fails to cover the news [email protected] General 54 December 12th 05 08:24 PM
not boating at Christmas? Jim Carter General 1 December 10th 05 01:07 AM
Christmas Cheer! Bob Crantz ASA 0 December 3rd 05 09:20 PM
OT The Truth About Anti-Christmas [email protected] General 3 December 2nd 05 07:24 PM