K. Smith

Default For newbies and ol' salts alike ...

Eisboch wrote:
Kinda gives one shivers...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=fishing+hell

(gotta stop searching these Google Videos)

Eisboch

Agree he's a bit inaudible at times but is it possible you're having
more trouble with it because of the NZ accent??

I'd suggest if he was an American or even Canadian with an accent
you're more familiar with it might help.

As an Ozzy I could mostly understand the substance & given the size of
the hole:-) ..................... he did a pretty good job:-)

Eisboch wrote:
Kinda gives one shivers...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=fishing+hell

(gotta stop searching these Google Videos)

Eisboch

I'm trying to figure out the boatyard shots at the end of the video.

Did they raise the vessel and discover the bottom torn away (as though
from hitting a submerged container, or something), or are those photos
of some previous work that was done before they got underway? If the
previous repair failed or they actually lost that much of the bottom,
it's amazing they had three minutes to call for help and abandon ship.

Eisboch

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

We were out at Cuttyhunk Island south of
Cape Cod one summer when SeaTow and the USCG brought in a 42 ft
Silverton that way. The boat had dinged a rock and one or both shaft
struts had been pushed up through the bottom.

Ooouucchh .... Hate it when that happens.

Eisboch

Wayne.B

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:38:16 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Ooouucchh .... Hate it when that happens.

====================

Yeah it was ugly, fairly new boat also.

The SeaTow guy was going to extraordinary lengths to protect his
salvage rights by jaw boning the USCG into writing it up "his" way.

Jack Redington

Eisboch wrote:
Kinda gives one shivers...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=fishing+hell

(gotta stop searching these Google Videos)

Eisboch

It almost looks like the bottom just fell apart from some of those pics..

Capt Jack R..