Bill McKee

Default OT--Harry was right. Bush is drinking again.

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 22:46:28 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing

wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:28:29 -0500, JohnH wrote:

On 22 Dec 2005 11:49:45 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 22 Dec 2005 09:04:04 -0800,
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:11:49 -0800, Tamaroak
wrote:

snipped

Hey Jeff, whereabouts are you located? Do you do any fishing? For
what?
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

Why do you ask Jeff that question, in that manner to NOYB? He's the
one
that started the off topic, political natured thread.

Because I was interested. NOYB was already queried and responded to a
question about
his fishing.

Are you going to anchor in the lake when you go striper fishing? What
kind of bottom
rig do you use? I use mostly a 'fishfinder rig' similar to:

http://fishnj.theshoppe.com/striped_...inder_rig.html, although
homemade.

Do you use circle hooks?
--
John H

Oh, and here's a good article on catching stripper in our type of
waters:
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...objectID=29083

Nice article. Thanks!

When my youngest received his post academy assignment area, it's right
next to Lake Marion in SC.

WHOO HOO!! Striper city!!

They don't taste near as good as smoked swan!
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

Swan maybe better fixed like snow geese. Breast them out, and fry like
chicken fried steak.

As to circle hooks, we have to use them if fishing bait for salmon, so after
a couple of years, most everybody here is good on circles. since they are
barbless circles, they are not loved very much. One of the bigger stripers
I ever caught was while mooching for salmon off the Marin County coast.

Bill McKee

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

news
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:02:30 -0800, Tamaroak
wrote:

I fish a little, but don't harrass them by trying to catch them.

Now that, ladies and gentleman, is a true liberal.

Potentially a great vegetarian, too. Let someone else kill your food, and
pretend the animal enjoyed the process.

Why kill fish? They do not taste like pork.

JohnH

wrote:

I fish a little, but don't harrass them by trying to catch them.

Now that, ladies and gentleman, is a true liberal.

Potentially a great vegetarian, too. Let someone else kill your food, and
pretend the animal enjoyed the process.

Why kill fish? They do not taste like pork.

They're somewhat easier to eat when they aren't flopping off your plate.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:28:29 -0500, JohnH wrote:

On 22 Dec 2005 11:49:45 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 22 Dec 2005 09:04:04 -0800,
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
[...]

Oh, yes! I've fished Lake Marion for spotted bass, it's a nice lake.

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 22 Dec 2005 11:48:36 -0800, wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 22 Dec 2005 09:04:04 -0800,
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
[...]

Downlining works best in these deep reservoirs. Simply an egg sinker,
then a swivel, then a couple of feet of leader and sharp hook. I don't
usually use circle hooks, but when downlining I do opt for the more
expensive very sharp Gamatsu hooks. It's hard setting the hook in a
striper if you have a decent size egg sinker, in rough water 50 feet
deep or so. When you down line you don't anchor usually, because of the
weight of the sinker, the bait can only swim *locally*! So I use the
trolling motor, trying to stay over top of the school. I just release
enough line to get down to where my fishfinder says they are. If they
are at 30 feet, I hand strip off around thirty feet of line.

Down line? That's drop shotting.

Nope.

Bill McKee

On 23 Dec 2005 04:46:10 -0800, wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 22 Dec 2005 11:48:36 -0800,
wrote:

JohnH wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yep.

http://www.insideline.net/2001/battisti-0102-01.html

Nope, downlining will have the weight above the hook, drop shot has the
weight on the end. Downlining is akin to like a salmon mooching and some
tuna rigs for live bait.

Doug Kanter

Nope, downlining will have the weight above the hook, drop shot has the
weight on the end. Downlining is akin to like a salmon mooching and some
tuna rigs for live bait.

You know what - I owe Bassy an apology - you and he are exactly right.

I blame my dyslexia. :)

I think youse is takin' acid again.

Doug Kanter

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:10:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

. ..

Nope, downlining will have the weight above the hook, drop shot has the
weight on the end. Downlining is akin to like a salmon mooching and
some
tuna rigs for live bait.

You know what - I owe Bassy an apology - you and he are exactly right.

I blame my dyslexia. :)

I think youse is takin' acid again.

Believe it or not, that was one thing I didn't take.

And what with all the flashbacks and the like, I'm just as glad I
didn't. :)

Pussy!

Bill McKee

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:36:01 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

. ..
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:10:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

m...

Nope, downlining will have the weight above the hook, drop shot has
the
weight on the end. Downlining is akin to like a salmon mooching and
some
tuna rigs for live bait.

You know what - I owe Bassy an apology - you and he are exactly right.

I blame my dyslexia. :)

I think youse is takin' acid again.

Believe it or not, that was one thing I didn't take.

And what with all the flashbacks and the like, I'm just as glad I
didn't. :)

Pussy!

If you insist.

Acid always scared me. Might have been the one drug I could take without
throwing up. Was at a party at UC Berkeley, and shortly after I left, one
of the people there stated he was going to get in the passing airplane and
walked out a 3rd story window. Figured that was not a good side effect.

Doug Kanter

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:36:01 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:10:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

om...

[...]

I got unusually lucky. Syracuse U. screwed up somehow and instead of being
in a room with another freshman, I was placed with a junior - Louie the
accounting major / farmer. When I moved in, he explained that my closet was
occupied. It contained a bunch of Gro-Lights and a half dozen really robust
pot plants. He told me that if I did acid, be sure there was a babysitter. I
petitioned to be moved out because at that time, the NY State Police had a
mandate to beat the snots out of anyone who possessed that many pot plants.
I figured it was just a matter of time before Louie was taken away in
manacles. When I was relocated to the freshman dorm, I brought his advice
with me, and we always had someone looking out for us. Our main sitter was
Chuck the Really Big Wrestler, who didn't like jocks, and had rejected frat
life to stay in the dorms. It was apparently his mission in life to watch
over the hippies so we didn't get hurt.

What bothers me about that period, compared to now, is that at this point in
my life, I have the time and resources to afford whatever amplification
equipment I want for my band. Even so, I can't find an amp that will produce
streams of color along with the sound, like the Grateful Dead's. I think the
stores are keeping some sort of secret from me. Maybe I haven't met the
right salesman yet.

OT Republicans Distancing Themselves From Bush [email protected] General 3 December 19th 05 04:53 PM
Bush to swim in Lava? Bob Crantz ASA 0 November 30th 05 02:56 AM
A beer with Bush *JimH* General 8 November 17th 05 09:36 PM
Bush slips to all-time low in CNN poll Don Dando General 3 November 15th 05 02:55 PM