JimH

Default Those torturing US *******s...

"Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my first name) Smithers wrote in message
JohnH,
Where the hell do you guys find this music. I had to download Enya to see
what or who he/she was. I found he was playing a number of songs I liked,
but he screwed them up big time.

Can you imagine if you were anchored in a quiet cove, and a boat pulled in
playing Enya? I think the police would let you off with a warning if you
sank his boat. All you would have to say is "... but Officer, he was
playing Enya". ; )

This is the only Enya song I like:

http://www.mshepp.com/911flash.htm

Don White

JohnH wrote:

How about Enya?
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

My wife likes her and has 3 Cds.
hear a new one is being released.
Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message
JohnH wrote:

How about Enya?
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

My wife likes her and has 3 Cds.
hear a new one is being released.

That makes sense. It's sort of the musical equivalent of "girl drinks" - the
ones that always used to be specially priced when Lady's Night at bars was
still politically correct. In reality, nobody should buy those drinks. :-)

JimH

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:45:18 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

" JimH" wrote in message

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:40:23 GMT, "Bill McKee"

news:caugq1pf9v6947lv605c047de8nhs34m26@4ax. com...
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:09:58 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
news:tYSdnZiRfrfshjXenZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@comc ast.com...

"...he was kept in a pitch-black prison and forced to listen to
Eminem
and
Dr. Dre's rap music for 20 days..."

Now *that's* torture. This is truly beyond the pale.

Why didn't they also throw in a little Kenny G.?

My god man - that's just inhuman.

What kind of a monster are you?

I also stick sharp steel in fish, and toss live crabs into boiling
water.

So do I, but I'm not cruel enough to torture prisoners with Kenny G.

Last week I wanted to listen to some Christmas music during dinner but
asked my wife to select a CD...her choice
was............KennyFrigginG!!!!!!

Needless to say we played something else. ;-)

For reasons that probably make no sense, I have problems with musicians
who
use just a single name (Yani gag), Kenny G, Cher, etc.

How about Enya?
--
John H

Someone bought me one of her disks as a gift a couple of years ago. I
don't play it often, but I'm keeping it around in case I ever install an
elevator.

ROTFL!

Reggie Smithers

Doug,
When I used to drink, I would only drink Johnny Walker Black on the rocks.
I always knew what I was going to get. When you buy mixed drinks, they are
always different and the sugar in the drinks make for one hell of a
hangover. I kept beer and a bottle of JWB in my cabin.

As I got older, even Scotch was giving me a hangover, even after a few
drinks. I decided the hangover was not worth the flavor of JWB. I still
keep beer in the cabin fridge for guest, but my preferred drink is Dansi.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message
JohnH wrote:

How about Enya?
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****

My wife likes her and has 3 Cds.
hear a new one is being released.

That makes sense. It's sort of the musical equivalent of "girl drinks" -
the ones that always used to be specially priced when Lady's Night at bars
was still politically correct. In reality, nobody should buy those drinks.
:-)

Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
JohnH wrote:
How about Enya?
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
My wife likes her and has 3 Cds.
hear a new one is being released.

That makes sense. It's sort of the musical equivalent of "girl drinks" -
the ones that always used to be specially priced when Lady's Night at
bars was still politically correct. In reality, nobody should buy those
drinks. :-)

Just a minute there, fella. On those rare occasions when I order a mixed
drink, it invariably is a "girlie" drink, like a margarita or a pina
colada. I don't much like the taste of alcohol so I order drinks that tend
to mask it.

I suppose *you* drink single-malt scotch. Blech.

There are margueritas, and then there are margueritas. The worst are made
with a mix which is largely corn syrup. Those are girlie drinks, and will
make you blind and sterile. The best have no sugar added.

JohnH

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:42:01 -0500, "Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my first name)
Smithers wrote:

JohnH,
Where the hell do you guys find this music. I had to download Enya to see
what or who he/she was. I found he was playing a number of songs I liked,
but he screwed them up big time.

Can you imagine if you were anchored in a quiet cove, and a boat pulled in
playing Enya? I think the police would let you off with a warning if you
sank his boat. All you would have to say is "... but Officer, he was
playing Enya". ; )

I don't know who you downloaded, but Enya is female.

My friends from Holland got me listening to her. Beautiful stuff.

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:55:08 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

"Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my first name) Smithers wrote in message
JohnH,
Where the hell do you guys find this music. I had to download Enya to see
what or who he/she was. I found he was playing a number of songs I liked,
but he screwed them up big time.

Can you imagine if you were anchored in a quiet cove, and a boat pulled in
playing Enya? I think the police would let you off with a warning if you
sank his boat. All you would have to say is "... but Officer, he was
playing Enya". ; )

This is the only Enya song I like:

http://www.mshepp.com/911flash.htm

That is also my favorite. What's the name of the song, do you know? (I'm too lazy to
dig out the disks.)

Thanks for the post and the URL. Now I can play it at my leisure.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
JohnH

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:19:56 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Don White wrote:
JohnH wrote:
How about Enya?
--
John H

My wife likes her and has 3 Cds.
hear a new one is being released.

Never heard of her, either. Should I have?

Listen to the song JimH posted. It's one of my favorites.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
Don White

Harry Krause wrote:
Don White wrote:

JohnH wrote:

How about Enya?
--
John H

My wife likes her and has 3 Cds.
hear a new one is being released.

Never heard of her, either. Should I have?

If you can get to a quiet space and want to mellow out, she's great.
If you like celtic music, you should like her.