Smithers

Default Those torturing US *******s...

Paul,
I was listening to the Stone, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Jimmy Hendrix, The
Who etc.

You know real music.

I was not listening to any high pitched fru froo groups. ; )

"P. Fritz" wrote in message
You are old enough to have heard of them..........they play on campus
when I was in college.

"Smithers one of 1000's" Smithers of a 1000 names wrote in message
I have never heard of this group before. I just downloaded a few songs,

and
I can understand why.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
In that case, Spyrogyra would probably kill him.

"Smithers one of 1000's" Smithers of a 1000 names wrote in message
. ..
A few years ago I purchased Kenny G for a Christmas Gift for my

father,
strictly on the advice of the guy at the record store. My father

loved
jazz and scat, so they said he would love Kenny G My fathers comment

was
"it is painful to listen to him".

It is way to high pitched for most men's ears, and all dogs.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:40:23 GMT, "Bill McKee"

om...
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:09:58 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
news:tYSdnZiRfrfshjXenZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@comca st.com...

"...he was kept in a pitch-black prison and forced to listen to
Eminem
and
Dr. Dre's rap music for 20 days..."

Now *that's* torture. This is truly beyond the pale.

Why didn't they also throw in a little Kenny G.?

My god man - that's just inhuman.

What kind of a monster are you?

I also stick sharp steel in fish, and toss live crabs into boiling
water.

So do I, but I'm not cruel enough to torture prisoners with Kenny G.

P. Fritz

LMAO.....I didn't listen to them either, my musical tastes resemble
yours..........I just knew that they had played on campus when I was in
school..........(if I remember correctly, they held it in the basketball
coliseum (about 9000 capacity at the time) they had lots and lots of empty
seats. The promoters lost quite a bit of money on it from what I recall.

The one campus concert I did go to was Simon and Garfunkel, they played
in the football stadium on their limited tour after their Concert in Central
Park. Tickets were about $12.00 for students, I ended up about 30 yds
from the stage. Compared to the $80 and up they were asking for this last
go around.

wrote:

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
news:tYSdnZiRfrfshjXenZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@comca st.com...

"Shortwave Sportfishing" wrote in

message

"...he was kept in a pitch-black prison and forced to listen

Eminem
and
Dr. Dre's rap music for 20 days..."

Now *that's* torture. This is truly beyond the pale.

Why didn't they also throw in a little Kenny G.?

My god man - that's just inhuman.

What kind of a monster are you?

I also stick sharp steel in fish, and toss live crabs into

boiling
water.

So do I, but I'm not cruel enough to torture prisoners with Kenny

G.

Doug Kanter

There's something seriously wrong with the way they mike and/or mix the sax
or clariphone or whatever the identity of that high, nasty woodwind. It's
been obnoxious from the day the band was formed, and it's never changed.

wrote:

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
news:tYSdnZiRfrfshjXenZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@comcast .com...

"...he was kept in a pitch-black prison and forced to listen to
Eminem
and
Dr. Dre's rap music for 20 days..."

Now *that's* torture. This is truly beyond the pale.

Why didn't they also throw in a little Kenny G.?

My god man - that's just inhuman.

What kind of a monster are you?

I also stick sharp steel in fish, and toss live crabs into boiling water.

So do I, but I'm not cruel enough to torture prisoners with Kenny G.

Last week I wanted to listen to some Christmas music during dinner but
asked my wife to select a CD...her choice
was............KennyFrigginG!!!!!!

Needless to say we played something else. ;-)

For reasons that probably make no sense, I have problems with musicians who
use just a single name (Yani gag), Kenny G, Cher, etc.

JohnH

wrote:

[...]

How about Enya?
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
Doug Kanter

wrote:

[...]

Someone bought me one of her disks as a gift a couple of years ago. I don't
play it often, but I'm keeping it around in case I ever install an elevator.

JohnH

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:04:18 GMT, "Doug Kanter" wrote:

.. .

news:caugq1pf9v6947lv605c047de8nhs34m26@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

LOL!
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
Reggie Smithers

JohnH,
Where the hell do you guys find this music. I had to download Enya to see
what or who he/she was. I found he was playing a number of songs I liked,
but he screwed them up big time.

Can you imagine if you were anchored in a quiet cove, and a boat pulled in
playing Enya? I think the police would let you off with a warning if you
sank his boat. All you would have to say is "... but Officer, he was
playing Enya". ; )

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:04:18 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

. ..