UglyDan®©™

Default Miracle Oil Additives.

Tom wrote
Most manufacturers actually recommend 7 to 8 K miles and have for years.
Every 3.000 miles was a dealer invention.

Sorry Tom, First you said it was oil co hype, now your saying its the
dealers invention.
Unless the dealer wrote the owners manual on my 02' Silverado HD 2500
4x4, then your just blowing smoke.
Just to be sure Alzhiemers hasn't kicked in yet I checked my manual this
AM, and it still says every 3,000 miles.
As far as Dealer hype, Oil co hype, Jiffy lube hype goes, It don't
matter a lick to me, since I've always seviced my own vehicles.
So far so good. UD

Smithers

Actually if you read the owners manual, they only recommend 7500 miles for
perfect conditions. No short drives (where condensation is created) No stop
and go traffic where the car idles or is driving slowly, No dusty
conditions, No extreme in temperatures (ie too hot or too cold). There are
very few people who drive a car in ideal conditions.

""UglyDan®©T"" wrote in message
Tom wrote
Most manufacturers actually recommend 7 to 8 K miles and have for years.
Every 3.000 miles was a dealer invention.

Sorry Tom, First you said it was oil co hype, now your saying its the
dealers invention.
Unless the dealer wrote the owners manual on my 02' Silverado HD 2500
4x4, then your just blowing smoke.
Just to be sure Alzhiemers hasn't kicked in yet I checked my manual this
AM, and it still says every 3,000 miles.
As far as Dealer hype, Oil co hype, Jiffy lube hype goes, It don't
matter a lick to me, since I've always seviced my own vehicles.
So far so good. UD

Garth Almgren

Around 12/16/2005 6:55 AM, UglyDan®©™ wrote:

Tom wrote:
Most manufacturers actually recommend 7 to 8 K miles and have for years.
Every 3.000 miles was a dealer invention.

Sorry Tom, First you said it was oil co hype, now your saying its the
dealers invention.

Why can't it be both? They're both in the business of selling folks oil;
Stands to reason that they'd want you to do it more often than
absolutely necessary.

Unless the dealer wrote the owners manual on my 02' Silverado HD 2500
4x4, then your just blowing smoke.
Just to be sure Alzhiemers hasn't kicked in yet I checked my manual this
AM, and it still says every 3,000 miles.

So, what's changed in the twenty years from when my car was built to
when your truck was built? My '83 Mustang manual says every 7,000, and
that's about when I change the filter. Changing the oil itself is
somewhat an ongoing process, given the state of my poor old Mustang's
oil seals.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing