Default Diebold CEO resigns after reports of fraud litigation, internal woes

Harry Krause wrote:
http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Diebol...s_of_1212.html

Diebold CEO resigns after reports of fraud litigation, internal woes

John Byrne

The chief executive officer of voting rights company Diebold who once
famously declared that he would "deliver" Ohio for President Bush has
resigned effective immediately, RAW STORY has learned.

"The board of directors and Wally mutually agreed that his decision to
resign at this time for personal reasons was in the best interest of
all parties," the company's new chairman said in a statement.

O'Dell's resignation comes just days after reports from BradBlog.com
that the company was facing imminent securities fraud litigation
surrounding charges of insider trading.

It also comes on the heels of a RAW STORY interview with a Diebold
insider, who raised new allegations of technical woes inside the
company, as well concern that Diebold may have mishandled elections in
Georgia and Ohio.

Diebold's chief operating officer Thomas Swidarski will take O'Dell's
place.

"This has been a very challenging year for the company," Swidarski
said.

"We are beginning to make progress to improve some of our performance
issues, reduce our cost structure by addressing inefficiencies in our
manufacturing supply chain and software development processes, and
instill price discipline throughout the company."

DEVELOPING: MORE SOON...........

Harry

--
Clinton ruined a dress; Bush ruined a nation.

"May have mishandled elections in Georgia and Ohio."

Where can I place my bet? :-)