posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building
diaphone

Default FA: (3) Brass "Air Whistle" boat air horns

I have up for auction a triple set of Federal-Cunningham brass "Air
Whistle" horns. These are very heavy-duty, made in the USA (Seattle
area) cast red brass marine horns on common plumbing with a cast bronze
FC Kingston lanyard pull valve. This set of horns retails for $2350,
but the reserve is set at the eBay "going rate" for thesehorns, which
is not even 1/3 of retail.

Sound is like that of a 3-chime train horn, a D#-F#-A# minor triad.
Output is 108dB @ 100' on 100 psi, 138dB @ 1 meter.

-Adam

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building
Netsock

On 12 Dec 2005 17:52:22 -0800, "diaphone" wrote:

I have up for auction a triple set of Federal-Cunningham brass "Air
Whistle" horns. These are very heavy-duty, made in the USA (Seattle
area) cast red brass marine horns on common plumbing with a cast bronze
FC Kingston lanyard pull valve. This set of horns retails for $2350,
but the reserve is set at the eBay "going rate" for thesehorns, which
is not even 1/3 of retail.

Sound is like that of a 3-chime train horn, a D#-F#-A# minor triad.
Output is 108dB @ 100' on 100 psi, 138dB @ 1 meter.

-Adam

Didn't our village idiot Krause say he had some of these mounted on a
Donzi or something?
__

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/
Bert Robbins

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Netsock wrote:
On 12 Dec 2005 17:52:22 -0800, "diaphone" wrote:

I have up for auction a triple set of Federal-Cunningham brass "Air
Whistle" horns. These are very heavy-duty, made in the USA (Seattle
area) cast red brass marine horns on common plumbing with a cast bronze
FC Kingston lanyard pull valve. This set of horns retails for $2350,
but the reserve is set at the eBay "going rate" for thesehorns, which
is not even 1/3 of retail.

Sound is like that of a 3-chime train horn, a D#-F#-A# minor triad.
Output is 108dB @ 100' on 100 psi, 138dB @ 1 meter.

-Adam

Didn't our village idiot Krause say he had some of these mounted on a
Donzi or something?

You really try, don't you?
But you're never going to succeed.
You'll always be daddy's little boy, driving daddy's boat, when daddy lets
you.

No, I don't have "some of these mounted on a Donzi."

I have a set of recycled locomotive air horns salvaged from a railroad
yard in Baldwin, Florida. Mine are in good shape, but were never as fancy
as what are being offered in the ad. But they sound good.

You might be able to get a job as an airhorn, what with your skill in
giving usenet bj's, eh?

Life hasn't been the same for you since Gene pointed out that you are one
of the right-wing dungpiles who posts here with numerous faked IDs.

Tough.

That sure was stinging, Harry. You are doing a lot of explaining lately,
why. You used to just tell everone to go away because you didn't have the
time or inclination to explain anything.

JimH

Netsock wrote:
[...]

Oh, I dunno, Bertiepoo. I kinda do what I want to do, you know?
Yesterday you *demanded* of me three or four times that I outline my
religious beliefs here. Got your answer yet?

Actually all he did was ask. More reading comprehension problems this
morning Harry?

JimH wrote:

Actually all he did was ask. More reading comprehension problems this
morning Harry?

And the Reverend Jim Show is on the air!

Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM